2009 Acura TL SH-Awd with Tech Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget where I read it (one of the 3 car mags I subscribe to), but RUMORHAZZIT they're going to shoehorn the TL's V6 into the TSX shortly. That should make for an interesting, if not tire-destroying ride.

Very nice ride! I used to really like TLs. I'm still unsure of the new one. I'm sure it will grow on me. Problem for me, around here, everyone has one. There are about as popular as the Taurus of the 90s. I don't know what it is? For that reason, I'd probably pick the G37 if I were in the market. Not that it matters, but the TL recently came in last in the latest "BMW & Driver" comparison.

Originally Posted By: deven
I put more emphasis on interior since that is where I will be most of the time.

I typically follow the same train of thought. I really struggled when I was car shopping last time and choosing between the TL and the 5-series. The interior and the sound system were much nicer on the TL, but I just couldn't get over the massive torque steer of the FWD.

But speaking of interiors, have you looked at Audi A4?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I put more emphasis on interior since that is where I will be most of the time.

I typically follow the same train of thought. I really struggled when I was car shopping last time and choosing between the TL and the 5-series. The interior and the sound system were much nicer on the TL, but I just couldn't get over the massive torque steer of the FWD.

But speaking of interiors, have you looked at Audi A4?

A4 definately has a sexy interior and it's beautiful inside and out. Its a little small for me. I am 6'9" so I need something bigger. I loved the A6 more but it was too expensive for my taste plus the TL is bigger and roomier but the A4/A6/A8 or any Audi's have beautiful interiors. I love the red accented lighting with the black interior.
thumbsup2.gif

Nice car. My brother has been getting quotes for months on the TL w/ tech package. He gets jitters everytime he goes to pull the trigger, though.

Lol, he works for a subsidiary of CitiGroup!

Nah, I think he just keeps thinking he's going to find a screaming deal. He lives in central Ill and keeps playing his local dealer against one in Chicago...

Originally Posted By: RDMUNN
I would like to send you a picture of my TL but can't figure out how to do it...Help

Open a free account on a photo hosting site such as photobucket.com, then paste a link to an uploaded image here on BITOG.

If you can't figure it out, send me a private message with your email address - I'll do it for you.

It is weird because when you look at the new TL in pics or car magazines it look really ugly but when you see it in person the grill doesn't look all that bad. My sister has a 2004 TL and that car is great both inside and out. The 2009 TL has an awesome interior, definately an upgrade from the previous gen but the last gen TL looked and drove like a sports car but the torque and understeer killed the fun. The new SH-AWD adresses that problem and as bloated as it looks it drives like its on rails.

+1

I have an 08 TL - I love the styling, and at the time I bought it, it was the nicest driving car I had been in. During a warranty visit I was given an 09 loaner, and have to say the driving experience is even better, it makes the ride of the 08 feel like a go-cart. I'm still not in love with the styling, but it does grow on you in a Cadillac CTS kind of way.

I wonder if the front end would look better if the portion of the grill where the emblem is gets removed. Or maybe just paint that part and leave the chrome edge.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
The front reminds me a bit of the joker's face from The Dark Knight :) but otherwise nice.

DSCN0361.jpg

When they are chrome, they remind me of a giant tooth from a creature in a kid's cartoon.

I saw one this morning on the way to work. As a previous TL owner I'm not as fond of this iteration of the car.

The Japanese really need to keep their "Space Patrol" design tendencies under control when giving final design approval. This one tends towards the Japanese taste for space fantasy design that really doesn't do well elsewhere in the world.

I'm disappointed, because I would otherwise have considered one.

Everytime I see one, I can't help but think of that "Eagle" newscaster/anchorman from the muppets.

EagleMuppet.jpg

No offense intended. Otherwise an excellent car. I'm just not fond of the design of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back