2007 Honda accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to get the 2007 Honda accord with the 2.4 engine. So what trans fluid should I use? The orginal Honda fluid or something else? I would like to change the fluid.

Thanks

Use any full synthetic universal multivehicle ATF that has the Honda spec on the bottle or mfg datasheet.

I have used both Amsoil's ATF and Honda Z-1/DW-1 with perfect results on either.
202,536 miles and counting. Shifts the same as day 1.
2005 CR-V

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
I have used both Amsoil's ATF and Honda Z-1/DW-1 with perfect results on either.
202,536 miles and counting. Shifts the same as day 1.
2005 CR-V

202k miles! I guess I should use the Honda fluid!

I have used all commonly-available fluids, including the Castrol and the Valvoline fluids, and I prefer the OEM DW-1 fluid in both of ours.

I use Maxlife after any warranty is expired in my Honda'a and I prefer the shift quality.

Thanks, I like everything about the deal except I am almost postive the trans fluid has never been changed. Other wise its almost a 10.

Changed the Trans fluid this weekend, very easy. Also saw there is a trans filter on top of the engine on drivers side. Found part # and gonna change it.

Originally Posted By: millerbl00
Changed the Trans fluid this weekend, very easy.

I think you'll find this to be the case with every maintenance point on your Honda. I own two and have found them to be very easy to own. DIY maintenance seems to have been designed-in from the beginning. All fluid sumps are easy to access. Parts are easy to find and are generally inexpensive. I find the cars to be screwed together pretty well, with smart design evident throughout. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back