2006 Ford Focus - Quick Struts available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to replace the front struts and rear shocks on my 2006 Focus. Quick struts seem to be a good choice since I'm not exactly a fan of compressing springs.

Does anyone know if I can find quick struts for this application? I see them listed for earlier modely years but don't see anything for 2006 and later.

Thanks Guys

01-05, 06,07 and 08-11 all share the same suspension design, but they are just different enough that the parts aren't plug and play interchangeable.

There are spring compressors that use U bolts to capture the spring coils. I bought a set and have did all four struts on my Neon feeling perfectly safe. I ordered it through NAPA.
I like it as I can now mix and match springs and struts as a I see fit.

I dread compressing springs with home tools, so I take the assembly off the car and the new strut to an auto repair shop, and pay the guy to put the new strut on the old spring.

I prefer using quick struts, but they aren't available everywhere. KYB and Gabriel have started making their own, so see if you can get one of those. Do not buy a cheap replacement, you will be redoing this job at 30,000 miles or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back