2015 Ford Edge SE Struts

Tsmith967

Looking at quick struts for the wifes car and its down to two... maybe? On RA im seeing the Gabriel Ultra or the Monroe quick struts for the front, but Gabriel does not show anything for the rear so it may only be Monroe as an option. Are the Monroes any good? Or do I just need to pony up to rebuild the fronts with OE or the Bilsteins?

Rock Auto carries Bilstein and Motorcraft rear shocks. Pair either with Monroe front quick struts.

Ford offers Motorcraft quick struts for some cars, but not your Edge :(

I have Monroe quick struts up front and Bilstein in the back (not an Edge, though)

Looking at quick struts for the wifes car and its down to two... maybe? On RA im seeing the Gabriel Ultra or the Monroe quick struts for the front, but Gabriel does not show anything for the rear so it may only be Monroe as an option. Are the Monroes any good? Or do I just need to pony up to rebuild the fronts with OE or the Bilsteins?
If Bilsteins are available, go or it absolutely!

On my Mustang I ordered a Bilstein set with the Ford Racing/Performance upper mounts and then new springs from work. Then the next shop that called that I knew did suspension work ask how many coconuts they wanted to put them together for me. $100 to build the struts and then my own labor to install them and we are good. I was lucky in that I work where I work and am somewhat decent at my job so a lot of shops like me.

I have a 13 Edge I put Monroe quick struts on, within 10,000 MI, I took them and the shocks off and put them in the trash!! I put KYB strut plus in the front and KYB shocks in the back..

I say this in every thread but I put Bilsteins on the front of a '14 KL Cherokee which had had Monroe quick struts installed by a local chain (Four States Tire).

After 14k miles they were trashed. Upon disassembly one had literal slop in the slider and the other you could easily compress with one finger. The vehicle had horrible "death wobble" at any speed over ~40mph as the undamped springs pogo-ed about.

I saw the receipts and I know the driver just commutes. He paid $900 parts and labor for garbage.

I'm also sure Four States grabbed the least expensive Monroes available, so maybe their higher end stuff is better.

I realize not all are manufactured to the same specs or even in the same facility, but having personally witnessed this I can't install Monroe anything and hope to maintain my reputation as it makes ME look bad if something fails so early.

OEM, Sachs, Mando, Bilstein are brands I'm willing to install. KYB I'm beginning to seriously question.

If the customer insists on less we'll have a come-to-Jesus talk about the taillight warranty: my work and parts are guaranteed for as long as I can see your taillights as you drive away.....

Aftermarket quick struts are made to fit a lot of different cars to reduce the needed level of inventory. For example on the struts I'm looking for, one part number might fit all Subaru Impreza gen 5, however Subaru might have half a dozen part numbers based on if it's a base, Sport, Limited and then it's broken down further by 16 or 17 or 18 inch wheels. That aftermarket strut might be too stiff on one model, too soft in another, and the ride height might be too high for a wheel size.

Back