2006 Ford Escape Limited 3.0l.....New To Me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I have become an avid Pennzoil Platinum user in my other vehicles and am wondering if it is just as good an option for my new to me 2006 Ford Escape Limited 3.0l 4x4?

Just wondering if anyone has had any good UAO's on these engines etc..?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

I have an 03 Escape V6 4x4....pretty easy on oil. I have found there is less startup noise with the OE-type Motorcraft oil filter.

I have a Mazda Tribute with the 3.0. The Duratec engine is very reliable and will give good service from any 5w20 oil. Bigger issue with these vehicles are the CD4E transmissions. They like clean, fresh ATF. Every 15000 miles or so I dump 4 quarts from the drain plug and refill with Mercon V. If the fluid looks really bad, dump and fill, drive the car around the block and repeat.

Love my 3.0 Tribute. Will drive it into the ground!

As all ahve said, baby the heck out of the tranny, or it will quit.

I second servicing the tranny often. Don't forget about the PTO, too. It takes syn 75W-140.

If you ever have issues with the ABS kicking in when it shouldn't, one of the tone rings on the front driveshafts has seperated from the CV joint. The ring is steel and it is only pressed on the joint, so when the two parts rust, the pressure under the ring forces it out and the ring snaps. Easy to replace and costs $15 at parts stores, but if you take it in for service, most will insist on replacing the whole halfshaft and charge way more than it should cost you.

Thanks everyone!!

As for the transmission, it was rebuilt under warranty about 8000km ago. Has anyone had better luck with them after rebuild? I am a dealer tech myself (Mazda) and plan to drain and fill trans every OCI! Any other recommendations ?

As for the oil filter..... is there a difference between the Motorcraft OE filter & the Mazda OE filter for the Duratec 3.0? Just wondering as I get the Mazda filters for a great deal
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: superchargedx

As for the transmission, it was rebuilt under warranty about 8000km ago. Has anyone had better luck with them after rebuild? I am a dealer tech myself (Mazda) and plan to drain and fill trans every OCI! Any other recommendations ?

Wow that's expensive, are those transmissions that bad? I think every 15,000-20,000 miles would be more than enough. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back