2003 VW Passat W8 wagon 107.6K/Liquimoly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W40 + Ceratec 4.9K OCI

What's your oil consumption. Because if its low other options may be better. The oil plus additive is in the amsoil signature range. Willing to use diesel rated signature since they usually do yield better wear numbers? i believe the signature diesel voa showed better anti wear additives than liquimoly molygen and the leich.

What's your oil consumption. Because if its low other options may be better. The oil plus additive is in the amsoil signature range. Willing to use diesel rated signature since they usually do yield better wear numbers? i believe the signature diesel voa showed better anti wear additives than liquimoly molygen and the leich.
Zero consumption.

I'm good with what I have TBH - no reason to do anything funky w/r to diesel oils, this looks great (minus SiO2 from sealant). I've used Molygen in my Sportwagen - has tungsten....I thought about giving that a whirl here but this I think the Leichtlauf with Ceratec every so often and MoS2 in between will work great.

well I mentioned the diesel signature series since its more stout and should give better wear numbers yet which is what your timing chain is chasing. If the engine burns then the cat would get contaminated a bit faster, but since it doesn't burn at all i wouldn't be afraid at all to use it. If i had a burner that still needs to pass emissions then id use whatever thick low saps low ash oil then. If she's a singer and isn't affected by the saps of an oil like a di engine then id put the high saps in it.

“I don’t think the high silicon is a filtration issue.” Hahaha. Nice K&N.

“I don’t think the high silicon is a filtration issue.” Hahaha. Nice K&N.
I literally have a brand new liquid gasket oil pan seal this change. Objectivity is tough here it seems.

Back