2003 Mustang GT 5W-20 RP or M1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The oil will only be changed 2 times a year at 5000 miles per oil charge. So the extra $50.00 for 12 months is minimal compared to the money in the car and what is going into the car. I use M1 in my Camry and XJ. But now that Royal Purple is at NAPA I was thing about trying it. Just wanted to know what you guys think.

Thanks

Going from our uoa database RP seems to be the better oil. Having sid that I ran nothing but M1 on my '99 Cobra at 5k intervals and it worked fine. For no good reason, I'm just not a fan of RP.

Hello. I have used both M1 and RP5/30. I think the RP is the best one. The engines I have tested it in, seems to run smoother. Also, if you occasionally drive it hard, I think it will protect better, and keep your engine cooler. Why don't you go to their website and try to find some good reasons, though it could be subjective? It is: www.royalpurple.com Good luck.

Royal Purple gets my vote. I find it expensive but I'd run it if I had a GT or performance oriented vehicle that saw the upper reaches of the tach regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back