2000 jeep wrangler , accidentally filled with rapid tap(cutting oil)

We all make mistakes; however, based on your posts, it sounds as if she’s incompetent WRT vehicle fluids. This is the equivalent of you putting bubble bath in the washing machine. If this is a common occurrence, you guys need to have a sit down and discuss what’s going on.

Part if the blame is on you. If she has issues like this, then at least mitigate the risk by painting a box her favorite color and labeling all of the things she needs to maintain her vehicle in it. If it doesn’t say “engine oil” on it, then it doesn’t go into the engine.
A co-worker came to the job site all flustered after quite the experience with a new car purchased for his teen daughter to drive to high school.
The very first fuel up, he had to go solve a mess. She and her girlfriends , apparently over excited to be on the loose with wheels realized after the fill up they pumped her sweet little Toyota Corolla full of diesel fuel. I think he ended up towing it to Toyota since he had to get back on the job ASAP. Cost him a little extra he had not planned on.
she loves the thing and it has close to 500k on it. odometer stopped working several years ago lol

couple years ago , one summer she was using 85w140 to top up with. another time she was only topping up the oil with lucas oil additive as some counter monkey convinced her to buy 2 gallons of the crap.

to be fair i should be taking better care of her jeep but then i get heck when it breaks lol
I make a special effort to prevent the wife from touching anything automotive related except for the keys which she loses about
once a week for a few hours.

A co-worker came to the job site all flustered after quite the experience with a new car purchased for his teen daughter to drive to high school.
The very first fuel up, he had to go solve a mess. She and her girlfriends , apparently over excited to be on the loose with wheels realized after the fill up they pumped her sweet little Toyota Corolla full of diesel fuel. I think he ended up towing it to Toyota since he had to get back on the job ASAP. Cost him a little extra he had not planned on.

I make a special effort to prevent the wife from touching anything automotive related except for the keys which she loses about
i get that phone call at least once a month as well haha. i cant count how many spares i have stashed around the house/shop for her.
she aint blonde but sure try's to be

I’ve personally seen morons, even professionals do dumb things. For that reason and for safety reasons my wife has learned how to do several things, like jump the battery and change a tire. I keep a battery jump pack and inflator in her car. We have roadside assistance, but if they can’t help, she can help herself.

I don’t want some good samaritan yahoo blowing up my ECM not knowing how to jump her car. Her dad literally blew a fuse (luckily only that) trying to jump his wife’s car. My wife text him a pic of how to properly jump a car, but he refused to talk about it any longer. They called AAA for a jump and, when that obviously didn’t work, they had it towed to a mechanic.

I’ve personally seen morons, even professionals do dumb things. For that reason and for safety reasons my wife has learned how to do several things, like jump the battery and change a tire. I keep a battery jump pack and inflator in her car. We have roadside assistance, but if they can’t help, she can help herself.

I don’t want some good samaritan yahoo blowing up my ECM not knowing how to jump her car. Her dad literally blew a fuse (luckily only that) trying to jump his wife’s car. My wife text him a pic of how to properly jump a car, but he refused to talk about it any longer. They called AAA for a jump and, when that obviously didn’t work, they had it towed to a mechanic.
I have often given my sons, nieces n nephews gifts of safety and road side assist type of kits (even some battery operated impacts wrenches) to speed up changing a tire on side of road since that is so dangerous. A neighbor died doing that years ago. Yup, we can all make some silly mistakes at times and it is very wise to pack a trunk with emergency tools if possible. The quality of the stuff you can buy for this today is so much better than it used to be.

I should look around the basement and garage to see what I might have that I could use instead of oil...... Xylene? Linseed oil? POR-15? Shampoo? Acetone? Circuit-board etching solvent? Oven cleaner? Film developer? I am sure there's something usable here.
cooking oil, milk of magnesia ?

Somehow those older Jeep engines are bullet proof. One dealership I worked at when the cash for clunkers program was in effect had an older Jeep Wrangler come in. As part of the program you are supposed to pour some liquid into the engine to seize it. Well, it just kept going and the mechanics couldn't kill it.....even with their insane antics which was fun to watch. Maybe they didn't pour enough in.

I have often given my sons, nieces n nephews gifts of safety and road side assist type of kits (even some battery operated impacts wrenches) to speed up changing a tire on side of road since that is so dangerous. A neighbor died doing that years ago. Yup, we can all make some silly mistakes at times and it is very wise to pack a trunk with emergency tools if possible. The quality of the stuff you can buy for this today is so much better than it used to be.

I also change up what I put in her car based on how long of a drive she’s taking. I add a few extra things for longer trips, like the bottle jack, which isn’t there for local driving. That usually includes me driving, but not always.

Both of our cars usually have some or all of the following:

1. Larger tire iron. I once could NOT get a lug nut off with the small stock iron, even bouncing my full weight on it (180# at the time) and I don’t always loosen an retorque after new tires (I should)

2. Small bottle jack in a case

3. Tire inflator

4. Battery jump pack

5. Tire plug kit. With AWD, I’d rather plug a tire and refill it, if I can

6. Headlamp and lights. Working on cars with my EDC flashlight in my mouth is not ideal.

7. Nitrile gloves

8. Small first aid kit

9. Glass cleaner and paper towels (I once had oil drip onto my windshield from an overpass)

10. small auto fire extinguisher

I’m sure I’m forgetting something obvious, but you get the point. I do need to buy road “flares” and things like glass breaker/seat belt cutter tools, which were either broken or lost long ago. It might be interesting to start a new thread about what we all pack into our cars.

Lighten up Francis!
OMG! Ha ha ha...... too much. LMAO. I needed a good belly laugh. Almost inhaled my coffee on that one! Thanks.
"Dont nobody call me Francis or..... "Also, any of you uh , any of you guys touch any of my stuff..... and I ........ you!" "and I dont like no hands on me. So, any you guys , you better not touch me or I will ....... you!"

It might be interesting to start a new thread about what we all pack into our cars.
Good idea for a new thread.

11. Duct tape

12. A few high mil garbage bags

13. 6'x8' Harbor Freight tarp (to line the cargo area if transporting bags of soil etc.)

14. Empty gallon jug

Back