2000 jeep wrangler , accidentally filled with rapid tap(cutting oil)

I should look around the basement and garage to see what I might have that I could use instead of oil...... Xylene? Linseed oil? POR-15? Shampoo? Acetone? Circuit-board etching solvent? Oven cleaner? Film developer? I am sure there's something usable here.

I have friend that has a diesel truck shop. They had a contract to service city school busses when they first opened up
40 years ago or more. He had a 1967 Chevy El Camino parts car with a 6 cyl., three on the tree. It burned a lot of oil . They used the old drained oil from the buses that got mixed mixed with old rear oil and trans oil to top it off. I asked him how does he know when to add the oil and he said "when it stops smoking". He carried a jug of the mix in the back. He used to beat the crap out of that thing and it just kept running. There
might be something good in that cutting oil and she may be on to something. Hmmm ...........500K miles.

Its 80% mineral oil so I doubt that it did any damage other than some minor deposits that fresh oil will remove. I would have done what you did and not worry about it. Beside now if it dies next week you can put the blame on your wife and get rid of it.

Not that it matters, but I assume said Wrangler has the 4.0? Regardless, both the 2.5 and 4.0 should easily survive the mishap. As long as the fluid she chose possessed a smidge of friction-reducing qualities, it will be fine.

Older cuttings oils were heavily chlorinated...

In this situation, someone needs to put on the pants, take care of the vehicle, and educate the wife.

Older cuttings oils were heavily chlorinated...

In this situation, someone needs to put on the pants, take care of the vehicle, and educate the wife.

thats funny
my wife is Irish you wanna educate her about cars ? that's the only thing she wont let anyone help her with

she would be chasing me around with a blunt object if i tried to say anything

I should look around the basement and garage to see what I might have that I could use instead of oil...... Xylene? Linseed oil? POR-15? Shampoo? Acetone? Circuit-board etching solvent? Oven cleaner? Film developer? I am sure there's something usable here.
dont tempt her. if it is on the oil shelf in the shop it must be oil ..............

her logic about the situation. now she has her own shelf in front of her jeep in the garage with all the oil she could ever want lol

so as the title suggests my wife had apparently been using cutting oil in her jeep. granted i am not suprised as this isnt the first time shes been using non-oil products. nevertheless should i just engine flush with (insert popular flush here) or what.

after i found out i immediately pulled it into the garage and changed oil (amalie/xcel 30w and a fram i grabbed out of my to old to use but to new to put on the antique shelf). one thing i noted that is the characteristic valve train noise that 4.0's have was gone.
51Ngq2otboL._SX342_.jpg
I cannot for the life of me get my head around HOW or WHY she would do this.

The gear oil is the bigger concern. That should be no where near a engine crankcase,

I cannot for the life of me get my head around HOW or WHY she would do this.

The gear oil is the bigger concern. That should be no where near a engine crankcase,
Well he said it has about 500k on the clock, so none of it has hurt it too bad. I would let her go and use it as an experiment. Unless she puts sand or sugar in there I bet it runs forever.

thats funny
my wife is Irish you wanna educate her about cars ? that's the only thing she wont let anyone help her with

she would be chasing me around with a blunt object if i tried to say anything
Well if someone is that determined to remain ignorant then you should expect this to continue in the future. Not everyone can learn I suppose.

Back