2020 Jeep Wrangler Eco Diesel Oil Dilemma

Ok thanks. I have used Schaeffer for years. It’s easy to pick up with the factory on Barton St in St Louis. How often do you change your oil? I appreciate the help. I think I am going to just use Schaeffer.
Keep in mind that approval process is not about longevity of oil in the sump. It is just one of the parameters. Important for you is how compatible that oil is with your uber expensive emission system? I personally would never use non-approved oil and in this case you want to go with oils that have multiple approvals, like ACEA C3 MB 229.51, MB229.52, BMW L04, VW 511.00 etc. and as heavy oil as possible. That is why that Motul for your particular application is good, bcs. of very high HTHS but also compatibility with emission system.

Which Motul are you referring to ? I see they have a Motul x clean 5w-40 and an x clean Gen 2 5 w-40. I just want to use a good quality oil so this Jeep lasts me. I appreciate your help.

Motul x clean Gen 2 5w-40 is 3.9 and the Motul x clean 5w-40 is 3.6. The sight says Motul is designed for vehicles with DPF filters. I can’t find the sulfated Ash number for Motul all the site says is 80%. Schaeffer and Amsoil European 5w-40 have the lowest sulfated ash number at 0.98. I just don’t get why Schaeffer or Amsoil European oil would work with this engines DPF filter since their ash number is the lowest.

Motul x clean Gen 2 5w-40 is 3.9 and the Motul x clean 5w-40 is 3.6. The sight says Motul is designed for vehicles with DPF filters. I can’t find the sulfated Ash number for Motul all the site says is 80%. Schaeffer and Amsoil European 5w-40 have the lowest sulfated ash number at 0.98. I just don’t get why Schaeffer or Amsoil European oil would work with this engines DPF filter since their ash number is the lowest.
Sulfated Ash in Motul X-Clean Gen2 cannot be higher than 0.8% as it is approved for MB229.5, BMW LL04, VW511.00.

Back