Ordered a new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler 3.6...Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very impressed with our 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland with the 3.6 and 8 speed. Plenty of power, smooth as silk and great fuel economy. The 4x4 system is great and it has the adjustable air suspension too for clearance. Handles all the off road we need. I have my '78 CJ7 with 4" lift for any hardcore trails.

* I use Mobil 1 EP 5w/30 in it. Great oil regardless of not having the Chrysler "spec". I'm sure it meets or exceeds it anyhow.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I saw a red one on the road this weekend. Pretty sharp, but the new grille is an adjustment. Very cool either way.

I am sure the manual allows 5w20 or perhaps 5w30 too.

I don't see much difference in the old and new grills. What am I missing?

Originally Posted By: SilverSnake
I saw a red one on the road this weekend. Pretty sharp, but the new grille is an adjustment. Very cool either way.

The new grille has the headlights intruding into the outer grille slots, like the early World War II Jeeps. I think it looks fantastic. It looks tougher, or slightly more aggressive than the JK. When I get it, I'll do a side by side shot with my JK. It might be awhile, though. If there is not a delay on the manual transmissions, then maybe I'll get lucky and will see it in December.

Originally Posted By: SilverSnake

About 80% up the grille, they also make a ~165* bend. Apparently this makes them more arrow dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back