2000 jeep wrangler , accidentally filled with rapid tap(cutting oil)

I usually buy the tiny bottles. I want a gallon of Relton! I'll give you my shipping addy and tell the wife next time she wants to waste good cutting oil just ship to me instead??

just goes to prove that a Jeep 4.0 six will run on just about anything lol. One of my favorite old school engines.
this one is still a pup, only 181,000 miles on it. you can see by the mileage on the oil filter this pic was taken about 90,000 miles ago.
049.JPG

Since Cutting oil is a lubricant/coolant for metal cutting tools there`s that going for it. In the OP`s situation I would just change the oil and filter and watch the hot idle oil pressure for a bit.

:ROFLMAO: If that thing has 500K on it, I don't think any of the other stuff she has topped it off with in the past has done too much damage!
likely did a job of cleaning or knocking some stuff lose in that engine. What is done is done. Just correct it and cross fingers. After you lock up and hide the fluids so she cant get her hands on them again. Has she changed her head light fluid yet? Just saying. :love:

We all make mistakes; however, based on your posts, it sounds as if she’s incompetent WRT vehicle fluids. This is the equivalent of you putting bubble bath in the washing machine. If this is a common occurrence, you guys need to have a sit down and discuss what’s going on.

Part if the blame is on you. If she has issues like this, then at least mitigate the risk by painting a box her favorite color and labeling all of the things she needs to maintain her vehicle in it. If it doesn’t say “engine oil” on it, then it doesn’t go into the engine.

Rule of thumb around the ammo reloading bench is to have only ONE type and ONE can of propellant on the bench at any time.

Perhaps a similar "rule" needs to be implemented in your garage?
its not the garage thats the issue , she comes into my shop (separate from the house) to look for fluids and such if im not around.

i did fix the issue tho and set 4 cases of total 10w30 and a jug of +4 on a little table in front of her jeep , along with her other car associated stuff.

i hope this fixed the problem till the next time anyways lol.

Or to food. Or to use as a shampoo. Or what is fed to the dog. Or what is used to clean the bathroom. The list is endless.
Hide the antifreeze! Ib fact, get it OUT of the house completely! :ROFLMAO:

In reality, this thread reads like a "I am asking for a friend" conversation where in reality, @anderson put the cutting oil in the sixer
to hopefully clean it up and he wants some validation from this group. I say "good show! no harm or foul".

If I am incorrect, please accept my apology - Ken

its not the garage thats the issue , she comes into my shop (separate from the house) to look for fluids and such if im not around.

i did fix the issue tho and set 4 cases of total 10w30 and a jug of +4 on a little table in front of her jeep , along with her other car associated stuff.

i hope this fixed the problem till the next time anyways lol.

Oh, is +4 good for crankcase?

On a similar note but I'm NOT bashing your wife, my wife maintains the fluid levels in 7+ vehicles for our non-profit. She keeps a notebook with everything written down that I've said about what can get what.

Her problem is almost the opposite: she's unable to easily substitute anything (honestly I think she's a little on the spectrum) because she's such a rule follower. On a leaking, wheezing push rod V8 with 240k miles I try to explain 10W-40 or 20W-50 in the summer, in the winter 10W-30 but if you don't have any at the moment just topping off with 5W-30 or even 5W-20 in a pinch is fine. So, basically, ANY motor oil but her brain can't compute that.

OTOH, I'm grateful she follows her notes on ethylene glycol vs G05 vs DexCool and Dex/Merc / +4 / DexVI / MercV (we use 'em all)

Finally, I'm still accepting donations of Relton! 4-1/8" hole saw in 1/4" fb last night:
20230119_163311.jpg

Last edited:
Hide the antifreeze! Ib fact, get it OUT of the house completely! :ROFLMAO:

In reality, this thread reads like a "I am asking for a friend" conversation where in reality, @anderson put the cutting oil in the sixer
to hopefully clean it up and he wants some validation from this group. I say "good show! no harm or foul".

If I am incorrect, please accept my apology - Ken
it would be funnier if that was the case. cant say as i have ever made a mix up like that

She keeps a notebook with everything written down that I've said about what can get what.

Her problem is almost the opposite: she's unable to easily substitute anything
Easy, change the note for that vehicle to LIST all of those different oils that are okay to use.

Back