2 cycle oil , in my gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Blue99 - another reason to go very light. I would rather folks calculate up at 100 or 200:1, than just "dump some in 'da tank".

I have never actually dump it in straight - it's usually a premix or mixed with xylene and IPA
gr_eek2.gif
freak2.gif

So if i wanted to try this out. I should mix part oil to 200 parts fuel or that is how i should prepare my adative? I am not worried too much about octane or emissions since I am in ecuador (no cats on these cars... well the old ones) and the cars that I am going to try it on are low compression ratio and use 80RON in the first place. One is a suzuki forenza and the other is a hyundai excell.

IMO 200:1 may be too much if it's a newer car that you care about? Dumped my old premix in the old suburu quite often through the years and 125k. Enough that soot could be seen at the tailpipe,a sign of too much probably. Recently did the exhaust and had the back of the cat cut open to fit the pipe. Suprisingly (to me and the muffler shop) the cat looked great! The o2 sensor is still fine too. These were the 2 things I thought the oil may hurt. The EGR valve has needed cleaning (scraping) a couple times, might have been the oil? Once I found the fuel filter (1 of 2) had came apart inside. Looked like it clogged and the pump pushed the paper element right off, it was stained the color of the oil I was using, which made me wonder? May not have been related but the experience makes me leary of doing stuff like a 2 qt atf dump in the fuel withput following up with a new filter (with all due respect to gary). My old propane powered 300-6 wore the topend fast with no topend lube, then survived forever with a topend oiler. Used tcw outboard oil or MMO in it. Both worked fine but the MMO was much cleaner, though I probably could've tweeked the ratio down a little for the tcw. Ratio was adjusted for aprox 4oz to gallon (MMO spec). So I'd guess the with tcw it could of been lower, thus my "200 may be too much" advice at the start of this long post. cheers

what wiley said!

yeah the 200 or 100:1 is the premix - then dump a gallon or whatever in your fuel tank

The thought of chugging Amsoil Saber (100:1) straight into my new car sorta freaks me!

IPA = Isopropyl Alcohol and India pale ale, your choice.

I like the idea of using 2 stroke oils to cut those super concentrated (expensive) additives a little.

I have a can of 87 octane for the lawn mower in the shed next to a can of 87 octane with 2 stroke oil added for the weedwhacker.

I thought that the family knew which was which, but the last time my son in law mowed the lawn, he used up the premix in the lawn mower. I have not noticed a bit of difference in how the lawnmower ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back