2.4l Honda CRV 190k - Amazon HM 5w20 oil

Submitting for good friend and Vet. The report attached is his daughter’s CRV.

First oil changed Blackstone said they have dirt in the oil. About 200 miles before THIS oil change I found loose hose clamp after the air filter that was letting in air after the air filter.

The report is for the Amazon HM and he put in PP HM 5w20 past weekend.

Seem like copper is going up along with silicon.

Thoughts?? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4745.jpeg
    IMG_4745.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 149
The dust in the oil is probably what caused the higher wear metals. Iron, aluminum, lead, and copper are all quite a bit higher than universal averages over the last 2 OCIs, which indicates higher wear across multiple engine components, which might be consistent with dirty oil. The combination of copper and lead usually indicates bearing wear. The aluminum and iron is probably mostly from piston and bore wear, which are most sensitive to dirty intake air.

Since the dirty air issue is probably fixed, I'd advise to keep on trucking, then do another OCI, but maybe on a shorter OCI. The oil wasn't so contaminated that it would need another immediate flush.

The dust in the oil is probably what caused the higher wear metals. Iron, aluminum, lead, and copper are all quite a bit higher than universal averages over the last 2 OCIs, which indicates higher wear across multiple engine components, which might be consistent with dirty oil. The combination of copper and lead usually indicates bearing wear. The aluminum and iron is probably mostly from piston and bore wear, which are most sensitive to dirty intake air.

Since the dirty air issue is probably fixed, I'd advise to keep on trucking, then do another OCI, but maybe on a shorter OCI. The oil wasn't so contaminated that it would need another immediate flush
Thank you for the fast response and help. I have sent the feedback to him. Excellent news!

I also recommended he does more like 3K oil changes until it clears/cleans out.

Thank you for the fast response and help. I have sent the feedback to him. Excellent news!

I also recommended he does more like 3K oil changes until it clears/cleans out.
5k mile oil change interval would still be ok & it's good to hear the loose air hose was corrected. It does have almost 200k in an suv platform so there may still be some extra wear going on but they can still get many more miles out of these Honda engines. Thanks for doing this for them.

Submitting for good friend and Vet. The report attached is his daughter’s CRV.

First oil changed Blackstone said they have dirt in the oil. About 200 miles before THIS oil change I found loose hose clamp after the air filter that was letting in air after the air filter.

The report is for the Amazon HM and he put in PP HM 5w20 past weekend.

Seem like copper is going up along with silicon.

Thoughts?? Thank you.
What year CRV? I remember when we were shopping for ours in 2018, it was impossible to find the 2.4l, even though it was an option. We ended up getting the 1.5l turbo DI.

5k mile oil change interval would still be ok & it's good to hear the loose air hose was corrected. It does have almost 200k in an suv platform so there may still be some extra wear going on but they can still get many more miles out of these Honda engines. Thanks for doing this for them.
Absolutely! And thank you for the help. He is relieved! Thank you again.

It is a 2008. High school car about to be a college car.
My daughters '08 got her through end of high school and so far into the 3rd year of college. It has 229K+ on it currently. Getting random CEL for possible bad cat or sensor. New aftermarket cat and sensors done 2 years ago due to some of Bridgeport's finest residents cutting the factory one out.

Did he have the recall for rear subframe done yet? Don't forget some ATF drain and fills as well as the rear differential with dual pump fluid if it is an AWD.

My daughters '08 got her through end of high school and so far into the 3rd year of college. It has 229K+ on it currently. Getting random CEL for possible bad cat or sensor. New aftermarket cat and sensors done 2 years ago due to some of Bridgeport's finest residents cutting the factory one out.

Did he have the recall for rear subframe done yet? Don't forget some ATF drain and fills as well as the rear differential with dual pump fluid if it is an AWD.
Car has been in GA its whole time and has no rust. Rear subframe is mint and I haven’t gotten a letter for the recall yet.
This is a 2wd LX. Car is one owner and dealership maintained from 2008 until 2021 when I bought it. Fluids always changed. But I’ll check records for trans and diff.

Back