1st time PP user

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all,

For the first time I'm gonna try and use Pennzoil synthetic in my 01'Duurango V-8 and wanted to find out if most like they'll give me Platinum or is there other synthetic oil products Pennzoil has that the dealership might give me? Just in case I'll ask and make sure just exactly what type of Pennzoil synthetic oil I'll get in my sump. I've always been pretty much a Mobil 1 user so I know nothing about Pennzoil products. Does this brand clean just as good or better than Mobil 1???

Durango

Originally Posted By: Durango
Hello to all,

For the first time I'm gonna try and use Pennzoil synthetic in my 01'Duurango V-8 and wanted to find out if most like they'll give me Platinum or is there other synthetic oil products Pennzoil has that the dealership might give me? Just in case I'll ask and make sure just exactly what type of Pennzoil synthetic oil I'll get in my sump. I've always been pretty much a Mobil 1 user so I know nothing about Pennzoil products. Does this brand clean just as good or better than Mobil 1???

Durango

PP is a solid oil. It has an above average cleaning additive package and you should be very satisfied with its performance.

Another offering from Pennzoil is their Ultra. In terms of the way it's marketed and in terms of the overall VOAs I have seen, it is a step up from Pennzoil Platnium.

I have used both in my Lincoln and F250. No complaints.

Pennzoil marketing materials claim that Their synthetic products keep your engine cleaner than Mobil 1. Idk anything about the truth behind that though.

Was always happy with that oil. And QSUD blew my socks off. Silent oil, my engine just purred on it.

After reading a post about oil consumption on a Prius that only used Toyota 0W20, all my QSUD is coming to the front of my stash along with PP.

My Toyota 0W20 will become a summer fill and I'll probably just give in and be a 100% PP/QSUD user.

Are you asking what Pennzoil synthetic your dealership uses? PP or PU, or some other offering? Did they say they use Pennzoil synthetic? Couldn't hurt to just call and ask them what oil they use.

Perhaps I misunderstood the question...

Hello to all,

Durango

You've been on bitog for 5.5 years and know nothing about PP?!
crazy2.gif

All kidding aside PP is a solid oil. Suppose keep the engine cleaner than Mobil 1 and pistons up to 8% cleaner.

Originally Posted By: ABerns
Are you asking what Pennzoil synthetic your dealership uses? PP or PU, or some other offering? Did they say they use Pennzoil synthetic? Couldn't hurt to just call and ask them what oil they use.

ABerns,

My Dodge dealership told me they use to use Mobil 1 but now that Fiat has a big stake in Chrysler they want to use Pennzoil products. Based on what I was told I guess Fiat has the last say so.

As far as brands are concerned since the dealership say they use Pennzoil I can only assume the synthetic oil they offer to consumers is "Platinum". Is there any other besides Platinum or "Ultra" in the Pennzoil line? I guess wildly that they don't offer Ultra cuz it might be too expensive for the average consumer.

Durango

Originally Posted By: otis24
Thought Pennzoil also offered Pennzoil Gold synthetic, which is a middle brand somewhat akin to QSUD. ?????

Pennzoil Gold is a blend, not all synthetic.

Originally Posted By: ABerns

ABerns,

My Dodge dealership told me they use to use Mobil 1 but now that Fiat has a big stake in Chrysler they want to use Pennzoil products. Based on what I was told I guess Fiat has the last say so.

As far as brands are concerned since the dealership say they use Pennzoil I can only assume the synthetic oil they offer to consumers is "Platinum". Is there any other besides Platinum or "Ultra" in the Pennzoil line? I guess wildly that they don't offer Ultra cuz it might be too expensive for the average consumer.

Durango

All Chrysler Dealers now use Pennzoil mandate from FIAT. If you go to a Chrysler Dealer and do not ask for synthetic you will get PYB, If you ask for synthetic you will get PP, But if you vehicle is a SRT it will get PU.

All so I forgot the new Dodge Dart with the Opt. 1.4L turbo gets PU 5w40 and the Fiat 500 Abarth gets PU as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back