1998 Grand Prix GT oversized filter PN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the 3800 engine i need the purolator pure one and napa gold part numbers for an oversized oil filter for my application.

normal part number for napa gold = FIL1040
pure one = PL10111

Those are AC PF47 type so you run PF52 in the cross reference or intrerchange . L24011 for plus and PL24011 for pure one

He means the AC Delco part number for the stock size is PF47, and the AC number for a larger version of that filter is PF52. So if you go to the Purolator or Wix (or any other manufacturer) website and use their cross reference tool, typing in PF52 should get you the appropriate Puro/Wix part number for a larger filter. He already did it for Purolator, and the Purolator Premium Plus equivalent for the AC PF52 is L24011, and the PureOne is PL24011.

Very nice CMT, thanks for breaking that down for me... It worked like a charm and I now know that for future reference, Thanks!

jayno20, whenever you want to find a larger filter, try the Baldwin site first. They usually list filters in "short version, longer version" type listing for many part numbers.

http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/

I put in your original numbers ..it puked out a number ..the listing gave a "long version". I then take that number and plug it into Wix. I then take that number and put it into Purolator's application guide at www.pureoil.com ..and so on.

Not all sites x-ref directly with the number you give ..but one of them usually does and THAT resulting number works with your desired filter x-ref.

I run my PF52 fine on my 3800 Camaro, but on the grand prixs it can hang a little low. Be careful since yours hangs down.

Yeah i was thinking that, but its only about an inch or so bigger so im hoping it wont hang down too much more...

Well one benefit of running it, if it does fit okay, is you can run a full 5qts of oil
smile.gif
. Mine is usually a hair over full with 5 in, but it runs great and doesn't have any issues.

I'd skip the longer filter. It will not give you 1/2 quart more, actually less then 1/4. It will hang down closer to the subframe. Some people have had problems with it hitting the frame(remember the engine moves) and it makes them harder to get off.

I don't see an advantage to longer filter on these cars. I've run the short filters past 6k and on autoRX flushes and never seen a clogged filter. Normally a longer filter is good, but there is so little to gain and so much to lose in this situation.

Well Keith you raise a good point, but i dont think an inch is going to make it rub anything, its pretty open down under there..
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back