FULL oil filters?

I just stumbled across this filter (FULL 2-OSB007) at the local WorldPac distributor - Application is my wife's 2022 Forester.

Would you choose this or Napa Gold? I like the fact this one has a P style gasket... OCI is 6k. This is $6 vs $15 for the Napa, although that doesn't really matter, but it is clear this has been made specifically for this application as it even has the Subaru number on it as well. Napa also has the ProSelect for about $6 but I'm not sure if this FULL is a better filter (efficiency) than the PS or not.

2OSB007-1.jpg

I've used Full filters for several Toyota applications. They work fine and seem to be made well. I believe the COO is Thailand.

It has a blue adbv so it's likely silicone. Doesn't look bad. But for $6 i'd rather get the fram tough guard which is what I'm running for now.

I'm in Canada. I can get the TG for probably around $12 or so. The money doesn't matter but I would prefer a P gasket and the higher bypass pressure. I know those are not critical but I tend to prefer to do things by the book. I would have just used a 15A OE Subaru filter, but they don't seem to have them anymore. The newer Subaru SOA filter doesn't have a P gasket and I don't know if anyone really knows the bypass pressure on it yet.

I'm in Canada. I can get the TG for probably around $12 or so. The money doesn't matter but I would prefer a P gasket and the higher bypass pressure. I know those are not critical but I tend to prefer to do things by the book. I would have just used a 15A OE Subaru filter, but they don't seem to have them anymore. The newer Subaru SOA filter doesn't have a P gasket and I don't know if anyone really knows the bypass pressure on it yet.
Ah i see. Well in that case I'd use the cheaper alternatives as long as it has a silicone adbv If it's for a Subaru with an upside down filter. Have you experienced start up oiling issues with a filter that doesn't have that exact pressure spec. I've heard it's no issue and that it is an issue. So i don't really know.

I cannot get their own website to recognize your part number 2-OSB007

Yeah I found the same. If you search by application it doesn't show any Foresters past like 2015 or something. So it clearly hasn't been updated in a long time.

I saw an older (locked now) thread here on BITOG that says these are the same manufacturer as Denso and Toyota OE filters.
I believe since the OE Toyota Denso and Full filters are made in Thailand with similar construction, several stated that those must come from the same factory.

While it could be true, it's only speculation. Don't recall anyone sharing photos inside the Siam Filter Products factory with Full and OE Toyota Denso rolling off the same line.

The Full cartridge filters that I have used share no resemblance to the OE Toyota Denso cartridge filters.

Last edited:
Full filters are awesome! They are made by Siam Filter, which makes basically every oil filter from Thailand, whether it is OEM or aftermarket. You can assume that every oil filter you see that's made in Thailand was made by Siam Filter.

Last edited:
OP, you can use the Full brand filters with confidence. I did so for a number of years going back the 1990's on Acuras, Hondas, Isuzus and Nissans. I never had an issue. Back then they were about $2.49 and usually were sold at import car parts stores. Last year I bought a few Full long life cartridge filters for Toyota/Lexus for $6.00 each at Napa on sale.

Back