FULL oil filters?

I just stumbled across this filter (FULL 2-OSB007) at the local WorldPac distributor - Application is my wife's 2022 Forester.

Would you choose this or Napa Gold? I like the fact this one has a P style gasket... OCI is 6k. This is $6 vs $15 for the Napa, although that doesn't really matter, but it is clear this has been made specifically for this application as it even has the Subaru number on it as well. Napa also has the ProSelect for about $6 but I'm not sure if this FULL is a better filter (efficiency) than the PS or not.

2OSB007-1.jpg

Hi OP,
If the Full brand does not offer efficiency ratings and how they're tested, e.g. ISO 4548-12, I'd then lean toward the Tough Guard or a Purolator One. I'm a fellow Subaru owner and am currently using the Purolator One. They're rated for 15,000 miles with 99% efficiency at 20 microns. You could get two 6K OCIs with a 3K safety factor.

Someone here on the forums recommended the Full filters for my WRX. I bought one and cut it open Bernard new out of the box. I also cut a Wix XP and a factory Tokyo Roki filter.

I get that I can’t compare filter media efficiency, but the Full filter was very well built. It was just as good as the Tokyo Roki. I have decided to try it out on my WRX for a couple OCI. I will cut them open and compare to my used Tokyo Roki filters

I have no issues running this brand filter. They are a very well built filter!

Fulls seem to be a decent filter. I’m running one now on a Lexus. Made in Thailand, but not by the same people who make Denso, that’s Toyota Boshoku Thailand. I’d run them.

The 2 I bought both have blue silicone ADBVs (resembling the ST MPs), sealed ends, and outweighs a Fram Extra Guard PH7317 by over 2 full ounces (8.4 oz. over 6.2)! According to the boxes, they have media shaped in an "M" which allows 30% more (synthetic blend) media to be put into the filter. And, best of all the metal center tubes have HOLES, NOT louvers, which allow the pleat spacing to be seen-and it looks pretty dang good! I am changing my son's K24 Accord's oil in the next couple days, with a fresh slug of RGT 5W20, and one of these $3 specials is going to get a 7500 mile run!
Full filter.jpg

Last edited:
The FULL website is very spartan. It is probably a work in progress because when you cursor over and click on the subjects nothing happens. I entered their oil filter SKU 2-OSB007 that applies to my 2021 Forester and the site didn't recognize it. I'm reading good things about their filters but am holding off judgement until they post efficiency numbers.

I would compare the bypass valve pressures and see which one matches closest to Subaru spec.
Bypass schmyass.

I can see getting the filter for the P-type gasket since some Subarus weep with flat gaskets, but the bypass dead horse was turned into glue for the Fram fiber endcaps a decade ago. Full makes decent filters… so do many others. If you have an FA/FB the P-type gasket is likely not as critical… EJ engines had some types of flat gasket filters that would weep regardless of the torque applied.

With a ‘22 FB, use a filter with high efficiency and high loading capacity. Change every other oil change. Motor on for 250k+.

Bypass schmyass.

I can see getting the filter for the P-type gasket since some Subarus weep with flat gaskets, but the bypass dead horse was turned into glue for the Fram fiber endcaps a decade ago. Full makes decent filters… so do many others. If you have an FA/FB the P-type gasket is likely not as critical… EJ engines had some types of flat gasket filters that would weep regardless of the torque applied.

With a ‘22 FB, use a filter with high efficiency and high loading capacity. Change every other oil change. Motor on for 250k+.
Guess I'm just crazy. I'll continue using my OEM filters and changing every oil change. Old habits die hard.

Guess I'm just crazy. I'll continue using my OEM filters and changing every oil change. Old habits die hard.
I don’t think anyone’s ever said here that you’re “sacrificing” by using OEM. But if you were to make the claim that OEM is superior, or that you’re not leaving efficiency & capacity on the table vs. aftermarket, well then there’s real data to dispute those claims.

OEM may be “safe”, but it’s certainly not the best available. At all costs, avoid WIX XP!

I don’t think anyone’s ever said here that you’re “sacrificing” by using OEM. But if you were to make the claim that OEM is superior, or that you’re not leaving efficiency & capacity on the table vs. aftermarket, well then there’s real data to dispute those claims.

OEM may be “safe”, but it’s certainly not the best available. At all costs, avoid WIX XP!
I think you're arguing with yourself, buddy.

Back