1993 Chevrolet Blazer running thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the random picture of your investment.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs
OK. Next Q: Why do I now have to hit my starter with the ratchet every time I want it to start? (This happened today.) -- What happens in the starter that hitting it "helps" it?

What happens in the starter is that the brushes are holding a meeting and are taking bets on what happens first. 1: New starter. 2: Leave you stranded.

Last edited:
That could waste a lot of fuel. If that's unattended idling when you know it has a coolant leak it could also be a wasted engine. Shut it off and cross your fingers when you restart it.

Originally Posted By: yonyon
That could waste a lot of fuel. If that's unattended idling when you know it has a coolant leak it could also be a wasted engine. Shut it off and cross your fingers when you restart it.

Temp gauge holding steady.

OK. Next Q: Why do I now have to hit my starter with the ratchet every time I want it to start?

Because you need a new starter. This was covered like 40 pages ago
smirk.gif

Check my YouTube for it

Can't think of anything more boring that watching paint dr.....er watching a car idle.

Now if it's a video of seeing the starter replaced........

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Check my YouTube for it

Can't think of anything more boring that watching paint dr.....er watching a car idle.

Now if it's a video of seeing the starter replaced........

Yes, we can also probably see my leak when it is out of there.

I am glad I have ramps.

Originally Posted By: cmorr
Blazer is idling for hours today..

This "thread" is really just a Blog

Sure is.

Yep...and in a month here is what has been accomplished:
One O2 sensor
Timing

In a month! That isn't even close to a Saturday afternoon's worth of work....

What remains to be done:
Starter
Coolant leak
Transmission leak
Tires

Any other BITOGer could have knocked out the entire set of tasks on this Blazer in that Saturday afternoon, and had the whole rest of the month to enjoy a working truck....

What an extraordinarily inefficient approach to both life and truck maintenance. We did see several hundred posts, dozens of videos, new car shopping, a new phone, and a woman of questionable virtue...and not one of those got TLG closer to a working truck, or a self-sufficient life...

Originally Posted By: racer12306
If you had to whack the starter, it likely needs replacement and will fail again.

From the first page.

Focus TLG, focus.

Originally Posted By: cmorr
Blazer is idling for hours today..

This "thread" is really just a Blog

Or a bog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back