1978 Camaro pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few pics of the Camaro my daughter and I just bought, which I've been talking about in the "Lucas oil" thread

185JPG8Uz6zS-1.jpg
001JPG5rrmoK.jpg
116JPGzqZru1.jpg

Easy to work on, parts are cheap, it's an eye turner and simple enough that you can teach some mechanical basics to a student.
Enjoy!

P.S. Nothing against Lucas oil, but don't listen to the previous owner's oil recommendation.

I'm a pretty huge early Camaro fan, but I thoroughly dislike the front end of the 77-78.

This is the first car you bought for your daughter? Wow. Good luck.

How are the insurance rates?

Fan of 'Transformers' eh? His first car was a yellow w/black stripes Camaro.....LOL!

Anyway, beautiful car. Enjoy it! I love those 'triangle' air cleaners - they look like they flow a lot of air and mean business!

Very nice paint job. Looks like paint matches the mustang in the driveway? I'm with Pablo on styling. 70-72 were really neat looking. My favorite though were 67-68'. Had a 68 firebird and loved that body style. Seems like the firebirds can be had for fairly reasonable still while the old camaros are much higher.?

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Fan of 'Transformers' eh? His first car was a yellow w/black stripes Camaro.....LOL!

Anyway, beautiful car. Enjoy it! I love those 'triangle' air cleaners - they look like they flow a lot of air and mean business!

Darn... Not quick enough... I was going to ask him if the car Transforms...

That's a nice looking car!
20.gif

Beautiful car, looks well kept. Reminds me of Bumblebee in Transformers the movie
grin2.gif
only in better condition!.

Your daughter is very lucky, hope she enjoys it!

Originally Posted By: addyguy

My daughter's a huge fan. The previous owner had the paint job done specifically to look like Bumblebee
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo

This is the first car you bought for your daughter? Wow. Good luck.

How are the insurance rates?

This is her first car. Until now she's been driving my 03 Mustang (which also happens to be yellow with black racing stripes). My other car, a '78 Silver Anniversary Edition Corvette is off limits!

I just added the Camaro to my Travelers policy yesterday. Liability only is $80 per month. I'm paying the same price per month on the Mustang for full coverage with a $250 deductible. The Corvette's liability is $45 (lower because an 18 yr old isn't listed as a driver!) I'm wondering if I can do better elsewhere. I'll have to check around.

Reminds me of the silver with blue Z28 in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High".

My friend had one of these when I was in high school. It was 10 years old at the time, and it was bright red Z28 with orange and yellow Z28 graphics...plus T-roof.

My other friend had a brown metallic '81 firebird with the screaming chicken on the hood and th 6.6L v8.

Thanks for these photos, it brings the memories back!

Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
"My other car, a '78 Silver Anniversary Edition Corvette is off limits!"

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!! Shark fan here.

Me and the Shark
beccas18th038.jpg
corvettejpgm2cEMI.jpg

Originally Posted By: saaber1
Very nice paint job. Looks like paint matches the mustang in the driveway?

Yes, by chance they do match :)
bumblebee2jpgC41ryd.jpg
bee.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back