1978 Camaro pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
lookin real good their Aspen, oh and the cars too...
grin2.gif
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
Originally Posted By: lexus114
lookin real good their Aspen, oh and the cars too...
grin2.gif
shocked2.gif

See proving my point
LOL.gif

Hahahaha!! ^^^^^^^^

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Yellow is just too flashy for me, personally. That Corvette is a beauty though! Congrats!

So you wouldn't recommend I paint the Corvette yellow with black racing stripes so it'll match the other cars in my driveway???
wink.gif

I'm floored. All this time since your first post I thought Aspen7 was the dad and the name related the the location...

Originally Posted By: Aspen7
Yellow is just too flashy for me, personally. That Corvette is a beauty though! Congrats!

So you wouldn't recommend I paint the Corvette yellow with black racing stripes so it'll match the other cars in my driveway???
wink.gif

The punishment for that will be death by blunt instrument.

Seriously though...very sweet Vette. I will always love that generation. Nice to see one that doesn't look like it's been pulling stumps all its life.

Originally Posted By: ccs v2.0
I'm floored. All this time since your first post I thought Aspen7 was the dad and the name related the the location...

Nope, "dad" hasn't been around since she was 2.

Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
Originally Posted By: Aspen7

wink.gif

The punishment for that will be death by blunt instrument.

Seriously though...very sweet Vette. I will always love that generation. Nice to see one that doesn't look like it's been pulling stumps all its life.

Oh no, I'd better cancel the appointment for the big makeover!
Really though, I would never dream of it. I wouldn't change a thing. That car had me feeling "twitter-patted" from the moment I first got behind the wheel. (insert pounding heart here)

Originally Posted By: ccs v2.0
By the look of things, you didn't need him...

We've done pretty darn well on our own
grin2.gif

Wow, beautiful car! Around here, anything from that era that looks that nice is a show car, not a daily driver. Most of them have turned to rust by now (dang road salt).

Originally Posted By: ron917
Wow, beautiful car! Around here, anything from that era that looks that nice is a show car, not a daily driver. Most of them have turned to rust by now (dang road salt).

Though not a daily driver, I do plan to take it out often during good weather. I've had it since last September. It had belonged to only one owner who sold it because he said he was getting too old to mess with it anymore. He had a number of Corvettes, but decided to down size to "only" two. I didn't drive it at all from late November through the first half of May,(due to winter weather), so I've not had a chance to get out with it much.

Nice looking vehicles all. Owned a 77 Camaro with a 305 motor, that was the year before they went to the composite front and rear bumper. They made a dark green Camaro in 78 that I really liked.

If I had to pick I'd likely take the Stang, just for practicality purposes. But, that's just me. Looks like a 6 banger?

I didn't even read the Lucus Oil thread before because it's not a highly thought of oil for the money, around here. But, looks like you've gotten some good oil advice.

Good luck with your new project. Drive safe. And, welcome.

That`s one of my fave bodystyles ever! That`s an AWESOME machine!!!!!!!! When I was a kid I had a model of one that looked exactly like that!!!!!!!! Same color scheme and everything!

I'd get rid of the foam Edelbrock air cleaner on the Camaro and put on something like a 4" (tall) assembly that will take a paper element. Will give you better filtration. Won't look as cool, but as you can imagine, that's not really the point of the filter
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back