15' Dodge Journey 2.4L - Amsoil 5w20 10k KM's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Stevie,

Do you use Amsoil in your dad's Caravan that has 300k on it?
smile.gif

You may have mentioned it but can't remember. Thanks!

No as it was a fleet vehicle I drove before he bought it from my company it saw bulk oil changes with conventional oil. He fills it with whatever is on sale MS-6395 spec or not. It's rated for 5w20 oil but he uses 5w30 mostly.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
The difference in reported water amount between the two changes shown could simple be from the time of year the UOAs were collected. A semi-short trip or two before the oil change in December in Canada could make a difference. Check your PCV valve too, if it hasn't been changed in a while it could be not working well.

I had been driving for over an hour before returning home, shut the vehicle off, let it cool slightly because the oil temperatures was reading 108°C (226°F).

The PCV appears to be ok but it's plastic in this one and I don't really want to mess with it in the winter because plastic likes to break here in the winter rather easily.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I said above it was about $30 CDN for 5 Litres. It's actually $35 CDN with all discounts/points applied when ordered in bulk which would make it $26.46 CDN / US Gallon (3.78L)

That's significantly below my dealer cost.....

You are telling me, you go to AMSOIL's website and your price, before shipping, is less than $42.00 for the 3.78L jug? Part #ALM1G-EA

Even if I do a case of 4, which is 15L of oil, I'm still at $10.60/L, or $53.00 for 5L.

Heck, a 55 gallon drum is $9.50/L, which puts us at $47.50 for 5L.

Yes. With past purchase points I earned applied.

Which would not apply in irv's case. So his pricing would be in-line with what I've posted unless you are going to put your points towards his purchase
wink.gif

This is akin to buying a ton of product at Costco using their credit card and then claiming a 5L jug of Castrol 0w-40 is $20.00. Yeah, when you put your cash-back rewards toward it and after you pay the membership fee. That doesn't honestly reflect the actual retail price of the product, nor the price with the membership discount because you are using past volume to artificially lower the figure to make it more appealing.

I appreciate your honesty, Overkill.
cheers3.gif
Thanks for setting the record straight with, stevie, who, as anyone can see, wasn't being a 100% honest, open and upfront with his numbers.

Stevie, shame on you! Being a Representative and spokesperson of Amsoil oils, you should have known better!

This place has become a joke. I'm done here. Should have never come back. What a waste.

I'm not sure how old you are, Stevie, but if you want to take your ball and go home, go for it, but if you want to fess up and admit you weren't being 100% honest, open and transparent with your pricing, then this would be a great opportunity to do that.

I don't hold grudges so seeing an apology would go a long ways, at least for me.

If not, then may I suggest, during this upcoming sabbatical, that you do some soul searching to try and figure out where you went wrong this time and the last and try to correct that behaviour.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back