139 MPH nut case

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the wind is right, I hear the ninja rockets screaming up I87 north just past the NYC/Bronx border a couple of times during the middle of night or very early morning (maybe a half mile from my house as the crow flies). Sounds like those rockets are running at least 10,000 RPM and well over 100MPH. As far as I can tell, the authorities have no interest in trying to catch these nuts.

My cousin was driving his girl friends 86 Sentra with me in Utah (Colorado plates) driving over 100 mph.

We got tagged supposedly doing 130mph. Turned out to be court fight by mail since the car top speed was at or around 100mph and easily proven. They kept reducing it and finally tossed the ticket all by mail.

This guy is an idiot, considering what would happen if a moose crossed the highway in Maine while he was doing 130 mph. "Good driver" my [censored].

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
When the wind is right, I hear the ninja rockets screaming up I87 north just past the NYC/Bronx border a couple of times during the middle of night or very early morning (maybe a half mile from my house as the crow flies). Sounds like those rockets are running at least 10,000 RPM and well over 100MPH. As far as I can tell, the authorities have no interest in trying to catch these nuts.

Likely well over that RPM and speed. Both of my Sportbikes are capable of exceeding 100 mph, in 1st gear.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

Likely well over that RPM and speed. Both of my Sportbikes are capable of exceeding 100 mph, in 1st gear.

'Busa and ZX-14?

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: 02SE

'Busa and ZX-14?

Highly modified (for far more power, and better handling and braking) 'Busa, and lightly modified (for more power) S1000RR.

Omaha police recently arrested a dude clocked at 146 mph on a motorcycle. By luck, the State Patrol had a fixed wing in the air and clocked his speed and followed him to an apartment building where he was taken into custody by OPD. The good guys win one once in awhile.
smile.gif

I was just up in Montana for vacation the past couple of weeks. Two lane state highways were 70 or 75 MPH limits. Interstates were 80. I don't recall seeing too many roadside revenue collectors either. I suspect as long as things were below triple digits in good weather, all would be well.

I seldom went more than the limit +7.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Omaha police recently arrested a dude clocked at 146 mph on a motorcycle. By luck, the State Patrol had a fixed wing in the air and clocked his speed and followed him to an apartment building where he was taken into custody by OPD. The good guys win one once in awhile.
smile.gif

Back in '06, I was at the track when some Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troopers were getting some instruction in high speed riding. They did OK.

M/C cops are well trained great riders. I have a friend that is a retired M/C cop from the California Highway patrol. Yes he can really ride a M/C.

Last edited:
Motor Officers do have to have very good bike handling ability at low and moderate speeds. High speed riding is a different scenario.

They did OK, but had a lot to learn. They definitely improved over the course of the instruction, but as with everyone, riding a Motorcycle at high speeds takes lots of practice and skill. Then it requires constant practice to retain those acquired skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back