Reported a bad driver to the regional Police

Originally Posted by JC1

I've got the video. The snip is 708MB, I would need to edit out the last bit so you don't see his plate.

Whats a good site (not youtube or google to post this) and not track it back to me?

I STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST THIS

Originally Posted by ABN_CBT_ENGR
Originally Posted by JC1

I've got the video. The snip is 708MB, I would need to edit out the last bit so you don't see his plate.

Whats a good site (not youtube or google to post this) and not track it back to me?

+1

Here where I live any nonsense with another driver could get you shot.

Originally Posted by Bud
Here where I live any nonsense with another driver could get you shot.

Yep. I just mutter a profanity if I'm in the car by myself, or shake my head if the kids are in the car and go on with my life.

I do report drunk drivers however. Though the last 2 times they seemed incredibly uninterested and kept passing me between local and county police, I gave up after the third bounce.

In the heat of the moment decisions are not always the best. Then again, at this time many are so freaked out it`s surprising that there aren`t more incidents.

The police will likely just file it on a report and if enough people complain set a speed trap. What you said is not enough to get the guy because you are not law enforcement. After they set the speed trap you and your neighbors will likely get a few tickets and higher insurance auto insurance cost for a while.

Originally Posted by Bluestream
Leave it alone, its not that big a crime and you cant prove his speed. The police have bigger fish to fry right now

It's absolutely worth reporting. No need to wait until someone dies due to reckless driving.

We have a couple of morons in our neighborhood. The other day there was someone driving around the neighborhood with two people hanging off the hood and trunk! Very reckless. We also have a couple who consistently speed around. We called the police on the first idiots, I thought about reporting the speeders. We live on a corner lot and they come flying around the yard like a bat out of you know what.

I was merging onto a local freeway yesterday morning on the way to Costco.
Pretty early, maybe 9:00 AM on a Sunday. Roads pretty empty right now, as you know.

Some guy in a little Corolla was in the slow lane going about 100.
He had 4 lanes to himself. Barely missed me merging on.

Send in the report. What will happen? Probably nothing.
Or you might save a life.

Originally Posted by JC1

I agree don't put this on a pubic site. Not worth the potential hassle. Present it to the local police when requested.

Maybe the provincial police need to put a traffic control officer on patrol in this area on a regular basis, I would request that.

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
Canada............

The OP is not wrong regarding the behavior of the driver, they were wrong about following the guy or saying anything to them....it could be deadly even in Canada.

They did do the correct thing in reporting this and hopefully they mentioned that it seems to be a problem in that area as well. They need to put a patrol car near there and have the cop starting ticketing people for the abuses, especially if there are many pedestrians crossing the roads there. Someone will eventually end up being run over by the
obnoxious and irresponsible motorists.

Maybe the guy had to go to the bathroom?
21.gif

Originally Posted by JC1

lol.gif

Sorry but this made me laugh... just the massive letters...

I do agree though.

Here in IL, recording and reporting drivers like this would be a full time job...EVERYBODY drives like that here...

I report suspected drunk high drivers and those beating their spouse.

The police here do respond to those calls now since someone was killed by a drunk when the police blew off the call.

Rod

Last edited:
Are you the same guy that drives slow in the left lane to "police" speeders and create road rage conditions?

It's not your job nor is it safe to play citizen cop - leave it be.

Unwritten driving rule:

Minimum speed on any rural to semi -rural road is 37- 40MPH. regardless of posting

30mph or below only in special places at special time ( school, churches, tertiary neighborhood roads)

If you don't know this - you are one of .... "them".

Town or State solid double stripped all back roads.
=I guess they didn't have funds for "professional input" to set passing zones.

I was almost killed a couple years ago when attempting a pass maneuver on a highway flyover in a
"Passing allowed" zone ( broken yellow, my side)

Dope in oncoming traffic had NO headlights or DRL ON in predawn AM with light fog.

I saw him when he was maybe 200 feet in front of me. I'm doing about 85mph in a 50.

Luckily there is a huge breakdown lane, and he/she did the "chicken out" move and drove into the breakdown lane.

I had no time to react. Closing speed over 130 MPH.

They stopped; but I kept going on to work. Important Manufacturing report meeting on Monday AM..

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GMBoy
Are you the same guy that drives slow in the left lane to "police" speeders and create road rage conditions?

It's not your job nor is it safe to play citizen cop - leave it be.

Says the speeder...

Back