Another Cop doing his job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're all so proud of Officer Wheeles for stopping that dangerous slow-poke driver the other day, I thought Officer Klingkammer should have equal praise for taking this guy to jail for speeding 120MPH through a 60MPH construction zone. Talk about brain-dead and stupid! Then the Dolt has the nerve to ask for a warning. If I were the Judge, I'd give him the maximum fine of $5000 plus some jail time.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/06/27/s...much-worse.html

When I was a judge in traffic court I was the toughest on the defendants who were speeding in active school zones or construction zones, as well as congested residential streets. That said, I didn't think a guy going 100 mph on a deserted interstate at 3:00 AM was a big deal.
My chief traffic prosecutor-who shared my philosophy-had a Mustang GT and an extremely heavy right foot; she also wound up being elected judge. She replaced a guy who thought that you risked certain death if you drove 1 mph over 55...

And she and I both believed that anyone caught camping out in the left lane should be sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.
At a minimum.

Doing 120 is already beyond speeding. In most areas, fines are doubled in construction zones. There are too many instances of workers getting killed or injured by drivers.

This guy should be looking at license suspension, classes and higher insurance rates for a long time to come.

Originally Posted By: funflyer
Since we're all so proud of Officer Wheeles for stopping that dangerous slow-poke driver the other day, I thought Officer Klingkammer should have equal praise for taking this guy to jail for speeding 120MPH through a 60MPH construction zone. Talk about brain-dead and stupid! Then the Dolt has the nerve to ask for a warning. If I were the Judge, I'd give him the maximum fine of $5000 plus some jail time.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/06/27/s...much-worse.html

License revocation and jail, flogging should have never been outlawed

Then in a few years require him to have a drunk like nanny module on his car that limits its performance.

I always figured you should need a different license to drive a sportier car or he truck, aw well

120 in most states is an automatic trip to jail, automatic revocation of license (there's a major difference in a revocation and suspension, look it up), and automatic minimum of misdemeanor charge of reckless driving or felony reckless.

Most likely many more charges (that will be dropped with the proper $$$$$ and lawyer).

Was construction going on in the construction zone?

Happens all the time on I-95. Weekends and nights - construction zones where the only things in danger are the cones.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

Happens all the time on I-95. Weekends and nights - construction zones where the only things in danger are the cones.

I would only double the fine for speeding in a construction zone if workers were actually present- to do otherwise was simply a scam.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Doing 120 is already beyond speeding. In most areas, fines are doubled in construction zones. There are too many instances of workers getting killed or injured by drivers.

This guy should be looking at license suspension, classes and higher insurance rates for a long time to come.

At least, I would say add 7 days in the slammer for this lunatic.

A section on the I-5 near here has been in "construction" for the past 11 years.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

I would only double the fine for speeding in a construction zone if workers were actually present- to do otherwise was simply a scam.

Sections of the Turnpike from Philly to Pittsburgh have been under construction for a while, people fly thru them.....

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Sections of the Turnpike from Philly to Pittsburgh have been under construction for a while, people fly thru them.....

I noticed when the construction thru Wilkes-Barre finally stopped after twenty or so years they made it a "congestion abatement zone" or some such and kept the double fines.

My state has school zone fines "when children are present". Surprise, drivers look (out) for children, which is kind of the point.

Quote:
Yep, take the bozo straight to jail.

One would think that the case. Guess it depends on who the "bozo" is though.

Ironically Fox News wouldn't have had to look far for a similar incident and story. Thier own Jeanine Pirro caught and ticketed for speeding 119 mph in a 65 mph zone. In her case she was able to plead it down and got off way too light imo. Joke.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/20/judge-jeanine-pleads-guilty-to-speeding/

Here in MN, any speed over 100 mph gets an automatic license suspension for 6 months. A violation in a construction zone gets an additional $300 fine on top of the regular fine.

Those Infiniti Q60's are downright sexy!

That is all I have to say
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Here in MN, any speed over 100 mph gets an automatic license suspension for 6 months. A violation in a construction zone gets an additional $300 fine on top of the regular fine.

In KY 26 mph over gets you an administrative hearing with the bureaucratic brownshirts. If we had a defendant charged with 26 over on a limited access highway we'd usually amend it to 25 over or careless driving if he/she had no priors- which meant another ticket likely would cost the person their license.

"My chief traffic prosecutor-who shared my philosophy-had a Mustang GT and an extremely heavy right foot; she also wound up being elected judge." These are the idiots we don't need in any form of public service. If you can't obey the law yourself, you have no business in serving the public in ANY capacity.

Originally Posted By: umungus1122
"My chief traffic prosecutor-who shared my philosophy-had a Mustang GT and an extremely heavy right foot; she also wound up being elected judge." These are the idiots we don't need in any form of public service. If you can't obey the law yourself, you have no business in serving the public in ANY capacity.

Ha. Ha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If anything, they're the EXACT people we need! The USA's speed limits are ridiculous and many towns use minor infractions as a source of income. If the speed limit is 55 but the majority of people do 70, the speed limit needs to change. (NC-24 is a great example, 2 lanes in each direction with no major intersections and a huge median) Simple as that.

A guy going 100mph down the interstate at 2AM... Who's he hurting?

Maybe I'm just a ne'er-do-well scofflaw. I'm sure someone will be along in 3, 2, 1 to tell me as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back