$120 Carnauba wax, really?

Scotty K says otherwise
FB_IMG_1634488324940.jpg

pfffffft ...

That's hilarious, check the ingredients!

If you wax your car 3 times a year for 10 years, you still won't have used all this product and will have spent $1/mo.

It's ok to buy nice things.
I'm sure long before that 10 years is up there'll be something new and better, or it will dry up and need to be tossed. Either way might prompt those people who bought it to toss it and try the next new and improved wax....... FTR I'm a big fan of nice things, just not overly high priced Carnauba wax. And as always we can agree to disagree. ;)

There have been many other pure carnauba wax products sold for primo prices.

I don’t find the ammo guy to be that bad/for entertainment. Not that I spend a ton of time watching anything on youtube. But he does show a lot of techniques that he uses, and talks about how he does stuff, so I’d say he provides some value there.

I’m sure the wax isn’t worth the $$ but if some fancy NJ/NY/CT car collectors want to pay primo prices for it, that’s up to them.

As always, these things can be objectively tested. For longevity, beading, reflectivity and UV protection. While carnauba wax has long been the standard since before the "Simoniz" days. It tends to be nice and smooth feeling after buffing and beads water well, at least for a little while.

However, today's better products can easily outshine and outlast a pure carnauba wax. Some of the short life "car show" waxes are simply carnauba wax with a number of additives and oils that enhance the shine.

I bought some black fire “fancy” (NOT $120) Carnauba wax probably over a decade ago to use on my pristine 1981 240D. The car is garaged and it looks perfect anytime I take the car out. It beads for years. It looks great on that single stage paint. Maybe some newer stuff would do as well/look better. I don’t know. But for what it is, it worked great and continues to do so.

I suspect that Ammo/Larry’s clientele have fancier versions of my single stage early 80s German original paint, and this wax will suit them just fine. They could be wasting their big bucks on far worse vices I guess.

I've got to ask, what's the point of your post? Just to have everyone say "harrumph" with you?

Larry Kosila has built a successful business and regularly parters with other top detailers. He also has a very successful detailing channel on YouTube, where he shares his knowledge, processes, and the multi-million dollar cars he works with freely, without shilling for other companies.
Larry?

You can get carnauba wax cheap, but from the few times Ive been around the expensive stuff it appears to buff off much easier and if you are in a time is money business like auto detailing then saving x-time per car getting the wax off becomes a no brainer.

There is a wash tub type carwash chain down here. They get $75 to wash your car, and do a very simple carnaruba wax with a cordless machine. People line up out the door for it every weekend.

I could see if they did a sealant that lasted 3-4 months
Yeah it is a bit much what some will pay just so they don't have to do it. Granted it can take a toll on health as I don't do mine as often as I'd like, but when I do it's hand wash and $5 worth of Griot's 3-in-1 and the thing is good to go for quite awhile.

Yeah it is a bit much what some will pay just so they don't have to do it. Granted it can take a toll on health as I don't do mine as often as I'd like, but when I do it's hand wash and $5 worth of Griot's 3-in-1 and the thing is good to go for quite awhile.
I used to try different waxes and sealants. Used a lot of Megs M21 sealant but ultimately settled on Collinite 845. Easy on/off with DA and a good 6 months of protection

Back