100% Synthetic in 2021 Bronco Sport?

I'm with @john_pifer. If it were mine I'd run ESP 5W30 in it.
27.gif
It’s a great all-around oil if you don’t need extra ZDDP for some reason.

That new Bronco looks awesome. I really like the color. (y)
How do you like it? Is it comfortable? Performance?
I have always said that if I were to buy an SUV it would be a Jeep GC. To HE** with that. I want a bronco just like yours. If they had Blue I would choose that color.
Bronco Sport are the Ford Escape/Focus with a different body. Not to take anything away from Timinbovey, I mean, look at my signature :) :) ;)

B.O.F, YOU want the new Ford "fullsize" BRONCO ...

bronco.jpg

OP:
Did you go in that Music and Records Store? - looks like a cool place to hang out !
My buddy is BOG into "vintage" audio - ask his wife - he's buying up everything good in a 100 miles radius!

Just took delivery of a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport with the 3 cylinder turbo engine, 1.5 L. I noticed that Amsoil does not have an oil recommendation on the website yet which did not surprise me as it's a brand new model. But I have a question that my dealer service department couldn't answer. I've used 100% synthetic Amsoil in everything I've owned since 1979. I noticed in the Bronco Sport manual they (naturally) recommend Motorcraft synthetic blend oil, or Motorcraft traditional old style oil, but they did not recommend Motorcraft 100% Synthetic. Wondering if there is some reason that they don't want 100% synthetic in these motors? Of if there was some logical reason? Or if they just didn't want to steer people to more expensive, or perhaps less readily available Motorcraft 100% synthetic oil? Is it a marketing thing or a technical thing? Figured if anyone would know, it would be Amsoil! Naturally I intent to switch to Amsoil as soon as they have a recommendation posted, but why isn't Ford recommending their own 100% synthetic?
Amsoil recommends Signature Series 5w20 product code ALM

Amsoil Sig ALM 5W-20

Amsoil Preferred Customer (PC)

One of my recent car magazines (I can't remember if it was MT, C&D, R&T or Automobile) did a story that included this new Ford Bronco which had some torturous use.....they were very impressed with the Bronco's ability to take the abuse without a hiccup IIRC (I didn't read the entire story because I had 3 months of mags to peruse after 'snowbirding' for the winter).....

I'd use Mobil 1, PP etc....in the required weight....

Last edited:
One of my recent car magazines (I can't remember if it was MT, C&D, R&T or Automobile) did a story that included this new Ford Bronco which had some torturous use.....they were very impressed with the Bronco's ability to take the abuse without a hiccup IIRC (I didn't read the entire story because I had 3 months of mags to peruse after 'snowbirding' for the winter).....

I'd use Mobil 1, PP etc....in the required weight....
Which Bronco? the Sport is just the Escape re-bodied - the Bronco is related to the Ford Ranger PU.
So where the CUV Sport would die from "torture", the FS bronco may live - being PU truck based.

Funny that people buy stuff based on looks; I guess the boys are tired of the "Girly" looking stuff,
Enjoy the highway Aerodynamics of pushing a box through the wind.

I Admit to enjoying the spaciousness of a classic two- box design and a cabin with a near upright windscreen.

Just took delivery of a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport with the 3 cylinder turbo engine, 1.5 L. I noticed that Amsoil does not have an oil recommendation on the website yet which did not surprise me as it's a brand new model. But I have a question that my dealer service department couldn't answer. I've used 100% synthetic Amsoil in everything I've owned since 1979. I noticed in the Bronco Sport manual they (naturally) recommend Motorcraft synthetic blend oil, or Motorcraft traditional old style oil, but they did not recommend Motorcraft 100% Synthetic. Wondering if there is some reason that they don't want 100% synthetic in these motors? Of if there was some logical reason? Or if they just didn't want to steer people to more expensive, or perhaps less readily available Motorcraft 100% synthetic oil? Is it a marketing thing or a technical thing? Figured if anyone would know, it would be Amsoil! Naturally I intent to switch to Amsoil as soon as they have a recommendation posted, but why isn't Ford recommending their own 100% synthetic?

My Ford manual recommends MC Syn Blend but says the alternate oil in Canada is 5W-20 MC Full Syn. So it's all a grain of salt....

The synthetic blend has been a recommendation by Ford for many years. It’s not just specific to the 3 cylinder engine. Here is the oil recommendation for the 2021 Ford Mustang 5.0. I would go straight to full synthetic. Ford doesn’t care if you don’t make it to 200,000 miles.

1B827884-7B76-440E-B023-51D61B14FF01.png

Wow! That is one chic looking Mini-Bronc. That candy red makes me want to try and taste it...😝

I'd try at first Pennzoil Dexos-1 Platinum/Ultra Platinum 5w-30. It's a thin but strong 30 weight that's pretty darn close to a 20 weight. I use the PP in a friend's Focus 4-pot N/A in 5w-30 that calls for Dino 5w-20 Motorcraft. He reports no issues and no MPG impact. We dump her out according to manual, every 5k miles w/new spin on filter.

If it responds well, my go to after that would be mobil-1 0w-30 AFE, or 5w-30 EP. They are all great performing oils that are tough enough for a stressed, boosted engine application with a relatively heavily loaded chassis and about as aerodynamic as a cinder block on tall wheels. (Which is to say, not at all)

I think FoMoCo's recommendations (this is personal opinion now) are purely for lower cost of ownership and making the vehicle appear to be simply easier to maintain. But I just can't scoot my boots over the line at all if I was held at gunpoint to drop organic or organic blended oils into a hyper-strung, mega-hot, turbo boosted engine. It doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Back