10 years since I ate a Arbys roast beef sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll second the Ruben, my favorite Arby's sandwich. I may have to the try the brisket next time I'm missing Texas BBQ
smile.gif

I eat at Arbys once in a blue moon. Jack In The Box's spicy chicken has me hooked.

Arby's is one of my favorite fast food places. Most everything I've tried there is pretty decent. Top it with the horseradish sauce makes it even better. With working out of town most weeks, it's (fast food) unfortunately most of my diet.

When I was a kid we had an Arby's 20 minutes away and I liked them. RB sandwich with the Arby's sauce. Quite tasty. Used to stop at them when we were on vacation as a kid as well because Mom liked them and felt they were the best fast food option plus they were affordable. The local Arby's shut down decades ago though and we just didn't have that chain around here anymore. I would occasionally see them while on vacation and stop but that is it. It has to be 15+ years since I have eaten at an Arby's.

I see all these ads on TV now for them and it looks like they have really up scaled the place since I was a kid. Looks like good stuff for fast food. I wish we had a local one again. I don't know when they opened but after seeing this thread I went and looked and there are 2 new( how long? )Arby's in some somewhat local cities now. One is about 45 minutes away and the other an hour +. If I am ever over that way for something I might just swing in.

OK, now you've all gotten me in the mood for Arby's. I see they have a nice looking Reuben on the menu. Going to have one of those next week from the Arby's near my office.

The only reason I haven't been there recently is because I know it tastes great and don't want to get hooked on it. Two words, sodium and saturated fat.

I like both sauces. If I have one then I miss the other.

We have an Arby's very close to home. On average we hit it about 4 times a year for lunch. I usually get the RBs and a couple times the Brisket, standby's - can't go wrong to me - wife's always getting all the other offerings as she like to try more different things. At least I always know what I'm getting while she takes a chance. I share with my dog and she knows what she's getting to.

The thing about Texas, is I can think of 3-4 very good BBQ restaurants a stones throw away from my house that have real brisket that will knock your socks off.

Arby's isn't doing so well here, I think there are only a couple left.

36.gif
eating out is truly in the eye of the beholder------some of us like squirtgun restaurants and some of us do not.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
The thing about Texas, is I can think of 3-4 very good BBQ restaurants a stones throw away from my house that have real brisket that will knock your socks off.

Same for seafood in coastal areas. No idea how a Red Lobster lasted so long in New London CT. (a port city)

I could name 30 mom + pop places I'd go for seafood in coastal CT before ever putting my food in that place.

Last edited:
I used to eat at Arby's once a month back in the early 90's when there was an Arby's in the local mall food court. I liked their Big Montana sandwich.

Fast forward twenty something years later, and I tried an Arby's by the college I was attending and the Big Montana was not on the menu. I ordered another sandwich and I asked for two horsey sauces and two regular Arby's sauces but the cashier said customers are limited to three sauces total per sandwich. Never returned to an Arby's since then.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: wemay
Good post. It's funny because on our way to Dim Sum every Sunday,

Mmmmmm.... dim sum!

Dim sum = I gain 5 pounds.

It's kind of good and bad at the same time that my wife and daughter would run away screaming from a dim sum cart.

It used to kill me when I worked in Dallas that the guys in the office wanted to go to Chili's all the time.
We have really Tex-Mex and Mex all over the place and they wanted to eat the fake stuff nonstop?
Don't get me wrong, I like Chili's and once in a while would have been fine, even down there...but 1-2 times a week just slayed me.
Usually I would round up a like-minded coworker on those days and the two of us would hit Pepe's Fandango or Indian buffet on those days.
I swear we had one guy that would lobby for Chili's or Grandy's every single day of the week...

Only 132 Arby's in Texas. I would like to know what is doing well according to your definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back