0W40 Can Ruin A 5W20/5W30 Oil Spec'd Engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, I had problems at freezing with my LPG (dual fuel) set up at freezinf.

Down here, they don't electrify the "tickler" that primes the LPG system, and we just have the button on the regulator ...at least on the aftermarket.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Propane dripping on your boot while fueling at -40 was another treat.
Regina & Moose Jaw always had the highest LPG prices west of the GTA.

We ran block heaters on the cabs as needed, which was rare. My LTD used its block heater a lot, always being out doors, and a personal car, and on LPG.

Saskatoon's price was worse on occasion. We did have a few price wars in Regina back in 1989, and you were actually being paid to take it. LPG on the fingers was worse than the boot. I knew one fill attendant who never wore gloves at any temperature.

I always filled my own tanks. That way I could stuff another 25 liters or so past the 80% recommended.
Never took the Yellow Head in the winter, might as well be on the dark side of the moon.

Last edited:
That was mostly a no-no here, with a few exceptions. At times, I had enough trouble finding a place open late enough, at least in Saskatoon. Here, they'd fill me up well over the 80% when I was hitting the highway. And no, I wouldn't have tread on the Yellow Head with LPG in winter, at night, either! Well, Saskatoon to Lloyd was okay.

The Humboldt, SK Broncos hockey team bus vs transport truck accident a few days ago, is another example of why I avoid driving in Northern Saskatchewan during winter.

Yes, that was pretty terrible. Road conditions weren't too bad. Without passing judgement, it looks like another far too common rural Saskatchewan case of someone being lazy or blind or oblivious at a rural stop sign.

Want to make provincial ticket revenues rise here? Forget photo radar and and red light tickets. Erect a camera and speed measuring device at these stop signs. The compliance rate is terrible. People are way too used to being able to see two miles down the road and seeing no one and never having to stop. I've gone through that intersection a number of times over the years, and it just takes caution.

WELCOME BACK, Jim!

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Some of you may remember my oil filter bypass test of years ago.

I refer people to that thread on almost a daily basis!

Thanks you so much for collecting all that pressure data!!

Originally Posted By: Linctex
WELCOME BACK, Jim!

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Some of you may remember my oil filter bypass test of years ago.

I refer people to that thread on almost a daily basis!

Thanks you so much for collecting all that pressure data!!

That thread is still a sticky in the oil filter forum. What would be nice is if Jim could post to his thread and re-post/fix all the broken attachments/graphs of his data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back