0W20 Oil Choice Considerations ?

I posted 0w20 AP … dexos 1.2
AP right on Mobil's website. No show ...

Capture-4.JPG

Reactions: FZ1
AP right on Mobil's website. No show ...
Ok you can’t find it … I did … and attention all: Zee DOES NOT LIKE 0W20 …
Exhaustive - Later …

Ok you can’t find it … I did … and attention all: Zee DOES NOT LIKE 0W20 …
Exhaustive - Later …
I'm linking right from Mobil's website. Guess my computer filters out xW-20 oil specs ... 😄 What do you see when you click my link in post #81 ?

So if other countries allow 5w30 in 2017 camry, toyota is using wider oil ports there? Or they dont care about their engines failing outside US? Whats the logic here?
Just fyi, my 17 Camry 2.5 likes the M1 Advanced Fuel Economy 0w-20 available at Walmart. It's the thickest of the M1 0-20's at 8.8 vis and has slightly more moly. Runs smooth. Hope this helps.

As far as Europe and Asia and So America vs. NO. America, the ECU programming on VVTi engine will vary with the
oil choice ( KV100) and in open loop where the cams can Advance and Retard many degrees, there is no precise hydraulic control other than the anticipate KV 100 viscosity range.
More viscous oil = higher line/drill pressures will equal more intake cam retard at any given rpm which will push the VE upwards in RPM possibly out of operating range and make the engine feel sluggish and have deleterious and cascading effect on other control systems like ECAT programming, EGR (if external), emission and heat loading, K sense, etc.
Wait what?! I thought I was doing good by my 07 TL-S with a 30wt when it calls for a 20wt.

Amsoil Signature Series 0w20, Royal Purple 0w20, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w20 then Pennzoil Platinum 0w20. With that being said probably overkill for the tried and true Toyota 1.8L. It is not overly hard on oil and is a workhorse of an engine. As long as you change it on time you almost can't go wrong.

Back