0W-40 Sleeper oil - Care to Guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the PDS:
Gravity, ASTM D 287, °API 33.0
Density, lbs/gal 7.2
Flash Point, ASTM D 92, COC, °F (°C) 428 (220)
Pour Point, ASTM D 97, °F (°C) –56 (–51)
Viscosity, ASTM D 445
cSt @ 40°C 83
cSt @ 100°C 13.5
Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270 165
CCS Viscosity, cP (°C), ASTM D 5293 6000 (–35)
NOACK Volatility, ASTM D 5800, % Loss 7
Color, ASTM D 1500 2.5
Sulfated Ash, ASTM D 874, m% 1.0
TBN, ASTM D 2896, mg KOH/g 9.5

Mystik has a full line of lubes and a great online store to shop from. Prices are reasonable.
Data sheets and MSDS's are on their site.

Mystik and Amalie will probably be the sites for my next to purchases.

Hi,
ARCOGraphite - In the UOA Forum you made this statement:

"The soot dispersant detergent is abrasive and corrosive."

I repectfully asked there that you enlighten us on this point - perhaps you missed the request - please do enlighten us all!

Not all that impressed.
I would have liked to have seen a MRV viscosity spec'
CCS spec' provided appears to be the maximum for a 0W oil.
It's the lowest VI (166) I've seen for a 0W-40 oil.

There are better choices available such as M1 0W-40.

You dont want a real synthetic? It is Mystic JT4 4-stroke snowmobile oil, also API SL rated. I saw it at VIP on sale last week for around 5bucks a qt. I guess a NOACK of 7 and a -56 pour are common in fake synthetic these days? You like a lot of dirty Vii in your oil to get an impressive viscosity index?
Now, would I risk trying it in my costly sports sedan car? NO. Would I run it in my Subaru? Absolutely. If you dont want your mony going to Venezuela, I understand that, also.

I have been running this oil for the last two years in my snowblower runs great but would not run in much more than that picked it up for under five dollars.

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
ARCOGraphite - In the UOA Forum you made this statement:

"The soot dispersant detergent is abrasive and corrosive."

I repectfully asked there that you enlighten us on this point - perhaps you missed the request - please do enlighten us all!

I typed up a two paragraph response and it went to the wind, so I said to my wife, "Im gong to bed". I was reiterating how Molekule responded on the subject in past threads and text from various patent applications perused over the years regarding improving SOTA in cationic metal salt dispersant/detergents in EGR-DPF diesel lubricant. The research is available all over the web. In any case the "abrasiveness" term is relative, and the Ca and Na based materials (as well as newish, pure organics) works well enough on PCMO gas applications where the Mg additisation present no benefit in standard OCI running gas. Some long drains gas apps employ the Mg in at 0.05% to meet the package objective. Now in a Diesel - thats another story, its use and benefit is proven, common and widespread.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
You dont want a real synthetic? It is Mystic JT4 4-stroke snowmobile oil, also API SL rated. I saw it at VIP on sale last week for around 5bucks a qt. I guess a NOACK of 7 and a -56 pour are common in fake synthetic these days? You like a lot of dirty Vii in your oil to get an impressive viscosity index?
Now, would I risk trying it in my costly sports sedan car? NO. Would I run it in my Subaru? Absolutely. If you dont want your mony going to Venezuela, I understand that, also.

It goes to venezuela ever time you buy gasoline.

Originally Posted By: dave123
I have been running this oil for the last two years in my snowblower runs great but would not run in much more than that picked it up for under five dollars.
Why not? Your snowblower and lawnmower and small tractor requires higher specification oil than your car. No Water cooling, no oil pump, no filter. Easy environment
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back