0W-30 vs 5W-30 vs 10W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on Earth are you hoping to achieve out of this one versus your "0w30 vs 5w30 vs 10w30 vs 0w40 vs 5w40 vs 10w40" thread that you can't continue there ?

see any billy goat's gruff near your bridge ?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
What on Earth are you hoping to achieve out of this one versus your "0w30 vs 5w30 vs 10w30 vs 0w40 vs 5w40 vs 10w40" thread that you can't continue there ?

+1
there is a fine line between enthusiasm and being an annoyance.

up next, mono vs multi grades. and later stick around for mono 20 vs 30 vs 40 vs gear oil. stay tuned, and find out how to tow two cars with an engine on it's last leg that could not tote its own carcase round to begin with!

Originally Posted By: alcyon

+1

Seriously. Enough with the repeat threads and questions that could be resolved by a search.

He's reduced it from 6 grades down to only 3 now. Progress?
smile.gif

I got suspended for a week and I come back to "wow 0w-20 is thin like water" thread and avery's new thread that's evolved from 6 grades to 3.

What happened to the enlightening conversations we used to have? The past few months have been merk starting total troll threads,questions from new members that if searched they would find literally hundreds of threads on the subject which has been beaten to beyond death and basically threads that are as stimulating as watching paint dry.

At least overkill has something interesting going.

Shannow,did you see the Chinese have pyramids. New ones they built the,selves and apparently the military has one buried in alaska.

So is it to prevent the pole shift,or are they trying to impede humanities natural spritual progression.

To answer the OP's question from my POV....cost.

I would not go out and buy 10w30 over 0w30 or 5w30 (except for use in OPE, motorcycle etc...). I have bought 10w30 on 'CLEARANCE' at good prices and have no problem using it in warmer weather.
When price is not an issue I see no advantage buying 10w30 for a car that specs 5w30....

Originally Posted By: Avery4
Is there any disadvantage to using 0w-30 or 5w-30 in place of 10w-30?

That depends upon what you're trying to accomplish and what type of lubricant you're talking about. Not all 0w-30s are technically interchangeable with each other, let alone with other grades. GC 0w-30 A3/B3 A3/B4 is quite different than M1 0w-30 SN/GF-5.

Originally Posted By: alcyon

+1
And It's been crossed. Some people are OCD about posting. A woman in my law school class must have been told she had to ask a question EVERY DAY. Finally the prof said to her "If you have to ask a question like that you don't belong here. That shut her up. We actually had a pool going the day before Christmas recess on what minute during the class she'd ask her question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back