08 BMW 135i oil questions / advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Sounds like someone doesn't get out much. Driven an ATS? Examined the interior?

They may not be perfection but they are entirely comparable to any BMW IMO. How about an ATS-V sport?

This is a CTS V sport model, the ATS is even better: "And the Vsport impressed right out of the box, sticking to the skidpad at 0.95 g and stopping from 70 mph in just 155 feet—bona fide supersedan numbers. The last BMW M5 we tested couldn’t match either of those figures, and while the lighter M3 manages higher cornering grip, it beats the Vsport’s stopping distance by only two feet. And with two Mitsubishi turbos squeezing 15 psi into the intake, the overachieving 3.6 pushed the CTS to 60 mph in 4.6 seconds, through the quarter-mile in 13.1 at 110 mph, and up to a 171-mph terminal velocity."

And lighter than a comparable BMW as well.

Caddy Engine Twerkin lol

I wanted to thank everyone for their input onto which oil to use for my car. Of course, I went with the Castrol Edge 0-40w oil. Eversince I put it in on Thursday my oil temperature has dropped 20 degrees!!
smile.gif
Very very happy about that and I really do appreciate everyones input. I did send out a BlackStone sample from the previous BMW oil I was using, however I dumped the old oil in a Castor Edge 0w-40 5 quart (empty bottle) and then I poured that oil into the Blackstone sample bottle. Will doing so throw off the test? Attached is a BlacKStone report previously done on the BMW 3w-30 oil.

Myles

Nice picking EDGE 0W-40. It's pretty much a no-brainer with BMW gas engines in terms of performance and value. I've been very happy with it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back