07 Chevrolet Tahoe, post your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
liked the look fo the old one better...

the other refinements Im sure will be neattt.

They ought ot bring back a 2 door and a diesel (and a MT while theyre at it)
smile.gif

JMH

Thanks for posting this. I like it. Interior is much improved. GM interiors have been bad for years.

Not bad. Looks a bit like our '05 TrailBlazer only of course bigger. Sorry but my old '83 K5 Blazer was the best looking of all the Blazers. I'm sorry but trucks should look like a box to me.

Saw it this AM on Squawk Box. GM honcho Mark LaNeve said the '07 Tahoe will employ "displacement on Demand" cylinder deactivation system. It'll cruise on 4 cyls until torque demand requires all 8. That's all I know about the system but it's supposed to improve mileage by about 10% according to LaNeve.

Rest of the Tahoe looks really nice. Interior is a HUGE improvement (take it from someone who looks at a GM truck interior every day). I can't wait to see what the trucks will look like.

Wonder if it will have an optional front bumper attachment so it can be pulled by a horse if it comes to gas rationing?

I like it. It looks clean with a great interior and no plastic cladding. The combined gas mileage on this truck is 20.5 for the 2WD and 20.1 for the 4WD models with a 320 hp V8. That's outstanding. Most competitor's trucks get that for the highway rating. I like what I was reading about the noise reduction, too. That should be a real nice ride.

On another note, I was riding behind a Chevy Cobalt this morning. The fit and finish on the rear end was outstanding. The lights fit perfectly in their slots with no gaps. They lined up perfectly with the trunk opening and the trunk lid had only a very small gap around the edges which was even on both sides. Even the gap on the bottom of the lid was very small and looked good, which is a big problem area on many cars. I was very impressed.

Looks like the same OLD design with new sheet metal and new plastic inside.

Does it have rack & pinion steering yet? Or should I keep watching re-runs of M*A*S*H to see inovations from Willies that evolved to consumer products?

Don't get me wrong, GM is doing wonderful things to their product line...but geeze put a front-end on these things that won't go loose in 20k and dump that dog-bone of a live rear axle!

quote:

Originally posted by Matt_S:
I like it. It looks clean with a great interior and no plastic cladding. The combined gas mileage on this truck is 20.5 for the 2WD and 20.1 for the 4WD models with a 320 hp V8. That's outstanding. Most competitor's trucks get that for the highway rating.

Too low for my taste and pocketbook, but definitely outstanding all the same.

Come on GM, get the diesel version out!!!

JMH

GM has been using rack and pinion steering in many of their full size trucks since '99.

This one has rack and pinion and coil over shocks. The gas mileage increases should put a lot of people in their place. Looks good, now can they deliver it on time.

-T

quote:

Originally posted by Willy_G:
Don't get me wrong, GM is doing wonderful things to their product line...but geeze put a front-end on these things that won't go loose in 20k and dump that dog-bone of a live rear axle!

Are the front ends on the fullsize trucks that bad? Other than a wheel bearing and a ball joint (common on the ZR2 S10 trucks, because theyre undersized, and what heavy vehicle has ball joints that dont go bad fast? I know my MB doesnt...), the front end is as good now at 50k on my 98, as it was the day I bought it, new. And thats on a truck that came with 31s from the factory, and has seen its fair share of off-roading...

JMH

EVERYONE I know that has any variation of a full-size GM truck complains about loose-as-a-goose steering after ~30k miles. They wonder why their $40k+ truck's steering is about as responsive as turtle crossing a road, after just a year or two if grocery-getting. Soft bushings, sloppy control arms, and that live axle out back, etc!!!

Wow. R&P since ’99!

Really do we need all these big gas guzzling trucks to drive to the mall? What about an AWD HHR? Or a Malibu wagon???

Maybe the recent fuel crunch will change some people’s opinion of what is the right vehicle for them, the family, the economy and environment???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back