Tell me your opinions and experiences with Pirelli P7 Cinturato

I had a terrible experience with Pirelli P7 tires that I purchased from tire rack. After three attempts to road force balance them requiring up to 6.75 oz. I gave up and requested a refund exchange from tire rack. This was actually my second bad experience with pirelli.

For when they were first released, the P7 AS Plus was an excellent tire except for their thumpiness when cold and their abysmal wet traction. As time went on, Pirelli’s quality control went down significantly with that line and there are many complaints of defective tires.

Technology has advanced and if you were buying new, there would be many recommendations to move towards the newer, much better options out there.
There is a new Plus II version:

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2023
I love them. Had an 04’ VW that I put a set on and they were great. Then my aunt bought a set for her 13’ VW. Volkswagen bought back that car so we took off that set of Pirellis and put on some used junk tires for the buy-back. That set is now on her 16’ Avalon.

My Genesis needed 2 front tires this summer and got Discount Tire to price match the clearance price on Amazon. They’re great too.

My rears are about bald, but unfortunately they’re staggered and Pirelli doesn’t make them in that size, otherwise that’s what it would have.

I had a terrible experience with Pirelli P7 tires that I purchased from tire rack. After three attempts to road force balance them requiring up to 6.75 oz. I gave up and requested a refund exchange from tire rack. This was actually my second bad experience with pirelli.
I had a terrible experience with 2 sets of Pirelli P7 All Season Plus II. First set caused vibrations at freeway speeds. Dealer did Road Force balance and that helped a little. Dealer sent first set back; they were out of round. Dealer tried second set and Road Force balanced them. Second set was better but still vibrated at highway speeds. Gave up on P7s. Ditched them and bought a set of Michelins. Problem solved! I'm sticking to Michelins from now on. Never had problems like these with Michelins.

Last edited:
Had a set before, they were pretty good. Quietest tires I've ever driven, hands down, on a car that wasn't particularly well sound-dampened. Wet traction is great until they start getting worn down, but still better hydroplaning resistance than worn Altimax RT43s. Good snow traction, for an all season. The 2nd generation of them that's out now has a new tread compound that's supposedly a generational leap forward in wet traction, though I haven't driven the new ones myself.