Tell me your opinions and experiences with Pirelli P7 Cinturato

I had a terrible experience with Pirelli P7 tires that I purchased from tire rack. After three attempts to road force balance them requiring up to 6.75 oz. I gave up and requested a refund exchange from tire rack. This was actually my second bad experience with pirelli.

For when they were first released, the P7 AS Plus was an excellent tire except for their thumpiness when cold and their abysmal wet traction. As time went on, Pirelli’s quality control went down significantly with that line and there are many complaints of defective tires.

Technology has advanced and if you were buying new, there would be many recommendations to move towards the newer, much better options out there.
There is a new Plus II version:

I love them. Had an 04’ VW that I put a set on and they were great. Then my aunt bought a set for her 13’ VW. Volkswagen bought back that car so we took off that set of Pirellis and put on some used junk tires for the buy-back. That set is now on her 16’ Avalon.

My Genesis needed 2 front tires this summer and got Discount Tire to price match the clearance price on Amazon. They’re great too.

My rears are about bald, but unfortunately they’re staggered and Pirelli doesn’t make them in that size, otherwise that’s what it would have.

I had a terrible experience with Pirelli P7 tires that I purchased from tire rack. After three attempts to road force balance them requiring up to 6.75 oz. I gave up and requested a refund exchange from tire rack. This was actually my second bad experience with pirelli.
I had a terrible experience with 2 sets of Pirelli P7 All Season Plus II. First set caused vibrations at freeway speeds. Dealer did Road Force balance and that helped a little. Dealer sent first set back; they were out of round. Dealer tried second set and Road Force balanced them. Second set was better but still vibrated at highway speeds. Gave up on P7s. Ditched them and bought a set of Michelins. Problem solved! I'm sticking to Michelins from now on. Never had problems like these with Michelins.

Last edited:
Had a set before, they were pretty good. Quietest tires I've ever driven, hands down, on a car that wasn't particularly well sound-dampened. Wet traction is great until they start getting worn down, but still better hydroplaning resistance than worn Altimax RT43s. Good snow traction, for an all season. The 2nd generation of them that's out now has a new tread compound that's supposedly a generational leap forward in wet traction, though I haven't driven the new ones myself.

Last week one of the pirelli p7 opened a hole while driving, had about 37k miles on the tires, 6.5 years old and still had 6/32 tread.
pirelli_p7.jpeg

Ran these on my Sportwagen when new. Very good grand touring all season to me. Quiet. Performance was fine.

I have the P7 AS+2 on my '17 Accord. I bought them based on TR and user reviews for quiet ride, good wet, good overall. I have really liked them so far. I think I have about 30k on them now with 6-7/32" left. They are not used in winter so no experience there. They are so much quieter than the GY WeatherReady they replaced which came on the car used.

Only issue I had was Sam's club originally mounting them with too much lubricant. The 2 front tires spun on the rim so went out of balance. Sucked as I went on a 3 day, 2500 mile round trip the day after buying them. Not crazy vibration but enough to annoy when trying to sleep in passenger seat. It was right as Covid started so could not get any appointments with tire placed along the way. Most didn't answer the phones. Sam's club made good on it when I got back. 3 days later I hit a crater sized pothole. Bent rim and bubbled tire. Road Hazard covered a new tire, local shop repaired/straightened the rim for $100.

I bought the Scorpion Verde AS2 for daughters CRV based on same scenario of reviews. They are much quieter than the old hardened worn Michelin Defender T&H they replaced. They have less than 15k on them in 3 years with no issues or concerns. She loves taking her CRV on her trips to friends. No snow experience either with them, 4x Conti VC7 fill that role.

When next vehicle needs tires I would not hesitate to buy the Pirelli AS3 or whichever based on current experience. Of course that would be after way too many hours reading here at BITOG, TireRack, Consumer Reports, other forums and then probably flipping a quarter anyway to narrow down the last 2 choices.

Back