06 Suzuki DRZ400SM w/Amsoil MCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

I will quote my Yamaha manual:

"In order to prevent clutch slippage (since the engine oil also lubricates the clutch), do not mix any chemical additives. Do not use oil with a diesel specification of "CD" or oils of a higher quality than specified. In addition, do not use oils labeled "Energy conserving II" or higher."

My Yamaha FZ6 manual has the same text in it.

However, Rotella is not a "CD" spec oil:

Specifications and Approvals
API CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-4,
API SM, SL, SJ, SH
ACEA E7
Caterpillar ECF-1, ECF-3
Cummins CES 200811
Detroit Diesel 93K218
Mack EO-O Premium Plus ’07 1,
MAN M3275
Mercedes-Benz 228.3
Volvo VDS 41

My Yamaha FZ6 manual also says:
Recommended engine oil grade:
API service SE, SF, SG type or higher

Rotella meets API SH, which superseded API SG on Jan 1, 1996. So, it meets the recommended grade per the owner's manual (At least for my FZ6).

I too am a proud user of Delo 400 Or Rotella 15W40 in bikes. I used both on my 78 GS750 for 5 years of hard Autobahn abuse, 85K miles when I sold it. I have it in my 79 GS425 with 13,000 miles, 2500 miles on the oil. NO clutch problems and the shifter feel was as good as the recommed 10W40 Bike oils at half the price. I did make a mistake and used ARCO Graphit once on my 67 Honda 305 Superhawk, cost me a clutch pack in less than 30 miles of use. No UOA's on any of the above, sorry. DaveJ

I remember the arco graphite, that stuff was nasty. wouldnt you know the would be the tub of oil I splii on the driveway.
blush.gif

that took some high powered solvent to get it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back