04-09 Toyota Prius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to test drive an 07 prius tomorrow, wish me luck! Hopefully it has all the features im looking for, and it drives well.

Saturns lose their value quickly, which is why I bought one used (much better value vs Rav4 or CRV).

Make sure you can actually get what you want for your Saturn before you buy a Prius. If you end up loosing $4k on the "trade up", you will need to drive for a few years before the gas savings will get you back to even.

Unfortunately, most times it is more economical to keep the vehicle you have (unless it is very unreliable or gets really bad mpg)

Well the dealership sold the car without telling me. I really hate dealerships! I even lost an hour of pay bc I took off work early. Ergg! Also surfstar my car gets about 24mpg, I don't consider that good mpg by today's standards.

Curious.... did you finally buy a Prius?

Got mine used in August (2005, loaded, 126k, 1-owner, dealer-serviced). I've put 8k on it since and the MPG is 49. Handling-wise this vehicle drives like a boat but I'm after the fuel efficiency. Quite impressed by the design - no starter, no alternator, power steering and AC are electric, accessory belt runs only the coolant and brake wear is really slow due to regen braking. I would be happy if it goes to 200k before major repairs (main battery, trans-axle, inverter).

BTW, I wouldn't pay more than $6k for mine.

Someone is going to have to explain to me how D2R/D2S bulbs as pictured below have anything to do with being "VW engineered" That is the stupidest thing I've read on here yet. VW has nothing to do with light bulbs. It is an industry standard, you want HID lights you pay the price...

HID_bulbs.jpg

Don't make false statements because you dislike VW products.

Back to the topic at hand though...

The times I did drive my Aunt's Prius it wasn't horrible mind you but the visibility and steering wheel are not winners to me.

I drove SUVs and trucks for over 10 years until I bought my 2007 prius in 2012- I thought I'd hate it, but grabbed it at a good price so I figured I would try it and if I didn't like it, trade it and get another truck.

Well, it's 2015 now and I just traded that 07 in for a certified pre owned 2012 prius II
grin.gif
Up until 2012, I have never owned a Japanese vehicle or anything else besides GM Ford or Chrysler. After driving a Toyota, I wish I had made the switch years ago! That 2007 Prius is been the most reliable and well designed piece of machinery I have ever had the privilege of sitting in.

Originally Posted By: [email protected]
I drove SUVs and trucks for over 10 years until I bought my 2007 prius in 2012- I thought I'd hate it, but grabbed it at a good price so I figured I would try it and if I didn't like it, trade it and get another truck.

Well, it's 2015 now and I just traded that 07 in for a certified pre owned 2012 prius II
grin.gif
Up until 2012, I have never owned a Japanese vehicle or anything else besides GM Ford or Chrysler. After driving a Toyota, I wish I had made the switch years ago! That 2007 Prius is been the most reliable and well designed piece of machinery I have ever had the privilege of sitting in.

Awesome - I have 102k on my 2011 and I think you'll enjoy the car a lot more than your Gen 2.

Originally Posted By: Lillikai

So I'm thinking about selling the Saturn to get a comparably priced Prius, so I'll owe nothing or very little.

I know this is an old thread, but owning both prius and saturn I'm qualified to say, it's not possible, unless prius is not running.

And considering how much bashing prius gets here, driving prius after saturn is like driving a luxury car, LOL.

Now, V6 RAV4 is my daily driver (i switched cars with my wife), and I still miss my prius.

The 2nd gen Prius is bad for tall people, my knee hit the gear shifter when I sat in it. The current ones don't have this problem.

Quick update, I didn't buy a Prius. For some reason its hard to find a decent priced Prius that doesn't have an ungodly amount of miles or doesn't have its bumper beaten to death in the Midwest lol! I still have the Saturn, which honestly isn't a bad car, its just not as fuel efficient as I'd like it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back