01 toyota tacoma v6 4x4 thinking about Mobil 1 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 01 toyota tacoma v6 with 165k miles and I change the engine oil every 5000 miles with deno oil.Most of the miles on the truck are mostly highway. The owners manual has oil change at 5000 miles or 7500 miles with conventional oil. I am thinking about switching to M1 5w30 oil and would like to know if I will also be able to extend the oil change time or what 1 of the factory times should I use?

If most miles are highway then you can continue with dino with 7500 miles OCI. If you want to switch to synthetic you can extend OCI to 10k miles.

Toyota's are build rock solid and last a very long time... Dino oil should be just fine in your engine at your current change interval. Just be aware of sludging... Not sure if your engine in one of those "Monsters". Shouldn't be if you made it this far without problems.

Steve_S what experiences have you had with ARX and synthetics? I have used Syns for the life of my car and the engine is very clean inside from what I can see. What kinds of stuff could still be lurking in there? ::)

So you run ARX cleaning/mait. cycles while using Syns? Then do you use a dino oil for the rinsing fase? What kind of junk have you seen come out if any?

I am running PP in my 3.4 Taco and wife's 3.3 Lexus. Both motors seem to really like the PP. They both liked Mobil 1 also though.....

I second what you said todds21. I've run both Mobil 1 and PP in my Tacoma with the V6. That said, I'm now running Pennzoil YB. Next summer I plan to do an AutoRX clean and rinse. I have 2 cases of Chevron Supreme to use up as well. Not sure what I'm gonna run after the Chevron. Mobil Clean 5000 and Havoline DS look good in the 5QT containers at WM.

I had a 1992 Toy 6 cyl 4x4 x cab with a manual trannie p/u that I purchased new , at 400 miles I changed the oil with dino and again at 1,000 miles to syn, then on ran amsoil ,M1,or Redline changed at 1 year intervals and was more or less 9,000 miles per year. With the valve covers off the engine looked like it never had beed fired up it was immaculate. at 85,000 miles [after reading the A R/X results on Bob is the Oil Guy I tried it] Immediatly after pouring in the A R/X and going to the store about 18 mile round trip the engine seemen to idle smoother and after the 2,000 mile clean I cut open the filter and there was a few specs of Black powder in the pleats and after the rinse a little more of the black powder in the pleats . The results that impressed me was the idle was smoother and the gas milage increased back up to like when it has 15 to 25,000 miles . The mpg increase was about 2 mpgs .I would always seem to get almost 21 mpgs on trips then it dropped to 19 per gallon on summer gas then stayed at the almost 21 mpgs untill it got rear ended and totalled with about 120,000 miles on the odometer. I really liked the truck and was heartbroken to loose it. I replaced it with a 2006 4 cyl same truck and in all honestly I do not care as much for the 2006 as compared to the 1992 but I really like the 4 cyl engine as it gets about 3 + mpgs better overall and the motor has more power if you work the engine over the 6 cyl.[3litre]P.S.it cleans up the carbon deposits and what ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back