0-20 Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever's on sale. They're all pretty good these days. Our Fit does just fine on Mobil 1 0w-20, though!

Originally Posted By: BUBBA0420
What would be a good choice or the best choice in a 0-20 oil ??
Thank you in advance

UMM! What are you going to put it in, the frying pan or something? 0W somethings cost more than 5W somethings and Clevlands not Siberia or Canada. Don't say it's a back speced Ford block or we will think you are a slow troller, looking for a 5/30 debate.

Last edited:
Thank you in advance

PepBoys has a special where you can get 5 quarts of Peak synthetic 0w-20 and a pureone filter for $19.99

Other choices are Mobil-1 and Valvoline. I don't know of any other readily available. Royal Purple, Amsoil, and Redline may have 0w-20.

Thank you in advance

Any name brand. However, read the label closely. There's 1-2 brands out there that are synthetic blends. So spend those dollars wisely.

No this is for a Toyota Corrola

Then it would be Toyota oil.

I'd go with Mobil 1. Easy to get, its a good oil, and someone always has it on sale. Pep Boys has a coupon till the end of the month, 5 qts and a Mobil 1 filter for $29.99, not bad.

The Toyota branded 0w-20 is well respected here. The new Mazda 0w-20 is also a good bet. Personally I would use whatever 0w-20 is on sale wherever you are shopping.
Some guys have good luck with mobil 1. My experience has been that it makes my otherwise quiet engine very noisy. Pennzoil quietens it down.
I tried qsud in my girls ford windstar. Thus far it's kept the engine very quiet and I got it on sale. It's a good value oil for sure.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Royal Purple 5w30 all day. Although all mentioned are good oils.

Too thick for that motor.

No this is for a Toyota Corrola

As others have mentioned the no brainer choice would be Toyota 0W-20 although the new Mazda 0W-20 looks better on paper.

It's a Corolla for cry in' out loud. You can run anything in that. What's most cost effective? Probably a conventional oil run 7-8,000 miles and generic filter.

Originally Posted By: skyship
Thank you in advance

UMM! What are you going to put it in, the frying pan or something? 0W somethings cost more than 5W somethings and Clevlands not Siberia or Canada. Don't say it's a back speced Ford block or we will think you are a slow troller, looking for a 5/30 debate.

Umm...
Cleveland in winter is a lot closer to Siberia than anywhere in the UK.
The wind across the lake comes very cold and the snow it produces can be quite impressive.
I grew up on what is now called the North Coast, so I speak from experience.
It can get really cold in Ohio, with the record low being around -30F for most areas, and a few below 0F mornings being the norm in most winters, last winter excepted.
A 0W-XX would be a wise choice for winter for in any state in the northern tier of our country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back