Good Toyota ABS code scanners under $250 and other chassis codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdn

I am looking for recommendtions on what are good ABS code scanners that also do other chassis codes like stability control system and the like. My budget is $250 new. Ability to read and clear codes. My emphasis is on Toyota. Good Toyota specific OBD2 coverage is nice if it has all the vendor specific engine/transmission codes for Toyota but now really need chassis/brake system coverage. Detailed as possible on Toyotas is a must. Thanks.

ebay techstream and a laptop link

I use it to bleed prius rear brakes-- there's no direct hydraulic connectoin between the pedal and rear brakes so tool is required.

Last edited:
If it's for your Toyota, get techstream. It will do everything you've thought of and more for your Toyota. It's cheaper than a scanner as well.

My techstream, which came from eBay or Amazon, is running on an old XP laptop. Works great.

Originally Posted by 14Accent
I've been VERY happy with my new Launch Millennium 90:

http://launchtechusa.com/millennium-90/

Does ABS, SRS, generic and manufacturer specific OBD codes, brake bleed and caliper service, oil/maintenance reset, battery reset, etc. It's been awesome so far.

What about bi-directional testing support?

Originally Posted by The Critic
Autel MD808Pro. Try jbtoolsales. Make sure you get a USA version.

Can you point shortcoming of this tool? This seems to be doing the job of multi-thousand Snap On type of full professional scanner for under $250! What is it missing as compared to say $4000 professional scanner?

Thanks, since I am driving Toyotas I took your suggestions to buy the Toyota Techstream software and the ODB2 laptop cable. I got this one on eBay for $35 since it comes with everything & it is US based seller who will get me the merchandise by Thursday and guarantees it will install on Windows 10 64 bit laptops and has a money back guarantee:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-VCI-J...n-TIS-Techstream-V13-00-022/123005986522

And his includes ECU flash capability that I probably will never use but nice to have.

The Autel on Amazon also looks very good. The Harbor Freight Zurich one looks good too but need to look at all of them.

I enjoy the discussion so far and will still probably get one of the hand held scan tools too but for now the laptop based tool looks great because it is the same software that the dealership uses. But I am continuing to look at the thread as a general discussion of the new scan tools.

Originally Posted by Vikas
Originally Posted by 14Accent
I've been VERY happy with my new Launch Millennium 90:

http://launchtechusa.com/millennium-90/

Does ABS, SRS, generic and manufacturer specific OBD codes, brake bleed and caliper service, oil/maintenance reset, battery reset, etc. It's been awesome so far.

What about bi-directional testing support?

I want to say it doesn't support bi-directional, at least not with ECM functions. Obviously it has the capability of talking with the ABS module and whatever module stores maintenance information and controlling them, but I believe with the ECM/TCM it's just code read/data output. I have it purely so I don't have to grab the Solus every 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back