Toyota to halt production in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm supposed to go there for work in November. Hope that it's stable by then and there isn't more with them being on so many fault lines.

Between the typhoons and earthquakes, Japan hasn't been able to catch a break. Mazda suspended operations not too long ago due to flooding in that area. Osaka got the direct hit with a typhoon that flooded Kansai airport. They restarted operations today but it's limited.

It should be back to normal by November. We were just there last October but only for a short time. It's a great place to visit.

Yeah it's been on my list to go and then I got this job and it involves occasional travel there. I also have a friend an hour outside of Tokyo I can spend time with while I'm there around work that stayed with us a few times in the summer here in Ontario when she was visiting.

I'm excited to see it. Looks great from what I get to see via Youtube.

An article years ago mentioned priceless art work and the like were no longer being warehoused in San Francisco due to fear of earthquake and fire.
Likely there's no ONE REASON for this but said fear and real estate prices contributed to the decision.

Maybe we'll see shifting of a grand scale in "Ring of Fire" locations?

When the time comes to buy automated equipment.....they'll install it in stable locations.

By then the work force's life style will no longer be an issue.....starving workers will line up to live in secure, barracks hundreds of miles inland. They'll do weeks ON, days OFF schedules , just like oil rig workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back