Best tasting,and/or healthiest coffee creamers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
“If I can't drink it black, it's not worth drinking.“

Best statement of the thread right there.

Sodium casienate. Isn’t that the same ingredient in Elmer’s glue?

If I can't drink it black, it's not worth drinking.

That being said, if I'm desperate for coffee and only Dunkin Donuts is available, I get it with milk,

^
crazy.gif
^

I use to be a coffee creamer but have gone to the black side. I do use two shakes of salt in the grounds before brewing to reduce the bitterness.

I went to Rio de Janeiro one year and they know how to make coffee. They would come around with the coffee and pour half a cup, the rest they would fill with cream.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
I went to Rio de Janeiro one year and they know how to make coffee. They would come around with the coffee and pour half a cup, the rest they would fill with cream.

If it's espresso, then you are supposed to mix it with milk/cream. Otherwise, you are just taking espresso shots, which is fine, too.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: SHOZ

If it's espresso, then you are supposed to mix it with milk/cream. Otherwise, you are just taking espresso shots, which is fine, too.
smile.gif

I think it was just coffee, this was at the hotel. I sure was chatty after a couple cups....

It was strong coffee to say the least. Very few places in the US that I have had coffee like that. Two places locally though. They use some Italian coffee.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I usually just add whole milk or half-and-half.

When drinking half-and-half in your coffee, do you ever get a bitter aftertaste?

The best tasting creamer for me is CoffeeMate powder, but with all the talk about the dangers of trans-satuated fats, I've been trying half-and-half lately. I have concluded that I can't stand the bitter aftertaste no more, so I've got to come up with something else.

Hmm... honestly, the only time I use H&H is when buying coffee at a gas station or something similar, and that coffee normally tastes pretty acidic/bitter to begin with. If H&H adds to the bitterness, I have not been able to tell. I normally use it in very small amounts - just a single individual container (9 ml).

At home, I use whole milk.

Coffeemate Natural Bliss Vanilla Almond Milk

Almond Milk (Water, Almonds), Cane Sugar, Coconut Oil, Pea Protein, Baking Soda, Natural Flavor, Sea Salt, Gellan Gum, Guar Gum (from the Guar Plant).

I tried some of that Silk Almond Vanilla tonight. Pretty good but it takes a lot of it to get the coffee sweet. Plan on about 4 ounces to start with.

For some really good coffee, try Singapore pulled coffee. I’ve had it a number of times while traveling in SE Asia. I like it straight, no milk. It’s called Cafe O.

It has quite the kick to it.

No coffee creamers for me, I went to the dark side years ago.
As a famous coffee connoisseur said, once you go black, you never go back.

I use regular flavor Coffee Mate powder and WM brand French Vanilla, and WM brand Vanilla Caramel. I mix them 50/50. Talk about taste good, yeah! C'est Si Bon, mon sha'!
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back