Techron the best injector cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bbhero
One thing is that the valves are not exposed to direct combustion process. Indirect yes. But not direct. Valves can get gunky from poor gasoline. That's why the whole top tier stuff started. The amounts of gunk on valves was greatly reduced by additives. Direct correlation there in all likelihood. Yes I'm well aware gas is a solvent in and of itself. Again, good bad or indifferent Chris's videos are not going to show the most benefit of using Techron or Gumout.
I'm not trying to give you a hard time here at all. Not trying to be a horse's rear end either. Just not buying Chris's videos as the end all and be all evaluation of these products.

True for intake valves, but exhaust valves are almost always clean because they're opening up to let out the exhaust. By design, the backside of the intake valves are slightly exposed to combustion products (which is why there's carbon) but not where it's hot enough to burn it off.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eqpczQpzig

Around 4 minutes. The SAE found that gasoline with PEA had more deposits in new engines than those without PEA in the gasoline.

Specifically, additives, of which PEA left the least deposits.

But we all have additives in fuel now, all the 'detergents' - we can't get away from it.

Another interesting point here is that there becomes an equilibrium at around 10k miles, so that would be a good point to deep clean/treat your engine if wanted/desired.

The additives are helpful with valve gunk build prevention. The valves are weighed before and after and it was found that top tier gasoline did have a good drop in amount of build up on the valves. Of course it helps with injectors as well. That is correct for sure. I'm not sure if it's still true but Shell has the highest level of additives per gallon. It was 4 times as much as bottom of the barrel gas. Again, Chris's videos are not the end all assessment of those products. It just is not. Helpful in a way?? Yes. Definitive?? No.

I am not disagreeing with a lot of what you've stated... I am disagreeing with that idea of Chris's videos having a definitive answer to whether those products work or not. Did he do anything to measure the output of the injectors prior to and after treatment?? No to that as well. Add that as another reason why his videos are not a definitive answer. Helpful.. yes.

I honestly think if someone showed a video of it spraying across a valve with and without PEA in the fuel we would find a group here to argue what isn't scientific about it. Not necessarily you but in general. It seems that even seeing isn't believing today. I have torn enough engines apart and the ones that have carbon build up had other problems or were a poor design leading to that result. Both in city driven and highway driven and all sorts of maintenance regimes. That's why I'm convinced other than with Injectors none of this stuff makes a difference because there is far more at play.

I will agree to disagree with you.
smile.gif

11.gif

It's all good buddy.
Yet again I agree with your assessment that there can be a whole lot more going on if there is a lot of carbon deposits are present. That makes a ton of sense to me as well. You know what you've seen firsthand and what was going on behind the real problems as well.
I will say I like Chris and that he seems like a good guy. I enjoy his videos.

Ohh and I'm glad that you have come back too. I have read your older posts and thought wow I hope that guy comes back because he added a lot of good information, thinking and thoughts. It's people like you that make this place a really good place. I look forward to learning some good stuff from you. Sincerely, Bradley B

Hey man.. just calling 'em the way I see 'em. This is a good place with lots of good guys on here. I enjoy learning from so many on here. And I have zero doubt you are going help me learn some good things as well.

I will make this correlation to what I do for a living in regards to assessing a total circumstance. Say I have a new patient check their blood glucose before dinner and it's 205. It high being that normal fasting blood glucose is 70-120. However, if I wanted to know the patient's long term status I would want a HGA1c test done. That test comes back 10.8. That would let me know that this patient has not had good blood glucose management for the past 3 months. That info gives me a much more comprehensive view on their overall status.

Ohh and if we were in person we would have a good time. You would call me a crackhead for saying what I said earlier and I would just laugh. And the banter would be a lot of fun. One thing I've figured out is that typing things is very difficult to get ones true meaning across. It is very hard indeed. Just the nature of writing or typing things. In person it's much easier. I have rarely and I mean very rarely had a bad interaction with someone over an disagreement. Because they and I can really have a good time/discussion.
Again, I look forward to learn a lot of good stuff from you.
thumbsup2.gif

As a Type II Diabetic I know all about the A1C (we call it here) that gives the 3 month average. I now have my sugar down to the 5-7mmol/liter range (Not sure how to convert that to Imperial). I worked hard to loose weight and on the diet and I'm a firm believer you are what you eat. Since cutting most carbs out of the diet and eating more plant versus meat I have seen the most change.
smile.gif

Also since controlling my sugar I no longer have the cholesterol problem that I never had until my sugar went high.

As for in person, next time I drive to Florida I will see about stopping in Virgina for the night and maybe we can have dinner.
thumbsup2.gif

Absolutely StevieC. There are a number of very good restaurants in this area. If you were to have a cheat day I could make ya a real hickory smoked spiral ham off my grill. Slow cooked green beans in the crock pot, corn from the grill too and a salad with your choice of toppings. My wife does a very good job making the corn up for the grill.

I'm glad that you are doing so good. That's really very well done. My very good friend Scott did not always do that. His blood sugar got over 720 and he wund up in ICU. He never really got a total handle on his circumstance. He was a type 2 has well. So, the fact you are doing so good is awesome. Well done indeed
Kicking butt and taking names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back