Coffee - Your Current Brew

Originally Posted By: car51
Try Wal Mart; tons of it at my Wal Mart

The Walmarts here,no go
frown.gif

I spent 2 weeks at Disney Aulani and brought back a bunch of Kona. And even with an in-room coffee maker I still brought along my Hario V60 and an induction stove to brew my own coffee.

1z5m1jn.jpg

Currently drinking Zingerman's Espresso Blend #1, medium roast. Nothing particularly extraordinary, but I was in need of beans, and it was the only coffee at my local grocery store that actually had a "roasted on" date printed on the bag, and it was roasted fairly recently.

I'm usually a single origin type guy but PT's Coffee had a buy 2 get free shipping so I thought I try a blend and this stuff if very smooth with a lot of flavor.

Originally Posted By: GenSan
When in Madison, WI some excellent coffee can be had here:

2q0keut.jpg

Remember when it was called Alterra. Good strong coffee varieties at somewhat higher prices.

GREAT THREAD but WAY TOO MANY coffees to ever have any realistic chance of comparison. Frustrating.

HATE that burnt coffee that cigarette smokers drink (to read through their deadened taste buds). Starbucks is a good example.
HATE the dishwater lots of Americans drink. Upstate New York is uniformly bad....to the point of insulting.

Found Costco's Columbian Supremo in the grey bag with the leopard on it. Whole bean.
Grind up 50g. each morning in an inferior "buzz grinder" for a 9 cup drip maker. Very good.

ps We had a Bodum, $60 burr grinder (makes a uniform grind) and it broke within months. Bodum said they didn't repair them.
You don't know how much that perturbed me. "Just throw it away".

Also, people should sharpen their photo posting methods. Way too many pictures dropped by the photo server. Catch on people.
At least I KNOW I don't know how to navigate the arcane world of program instructions.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Also, people should sharpen their photo posting methods. Way too many pictures dropped by the photo server. Catch on people.
At least I KNOW I don't know how to navigate the arcane world of program instructions.

This is a fairly long running thread. A lot of people (including myself) used to host their images on Photobucket which recently changed their policies and prevented the images from appearing on third party websites, unless you pay them big bucks. As a result, a lot of threads on a lot of internet forums now look like this one, sadly.

I've been a Photobucket user since 2005. Now I've shifted over to Flickr, but I can't go back and fix broken image links in old threads.

I just glanced thru this thread, it's so long, and I noticed not too many pod machine comments. I guess I'll be in the minority then.

Nespresso Vertuoline. My favorite is Stormio and I actually like the decaf and half-caff for later in the day or evening.

I picked up the machine 2 years ago at Macy's. It was $109 which I believe had to be a mistake I haven't seen them that low since. I like the simplicity of making the coffee. Wife gets the grounds for the gardens.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I just glanced thru this thread, it's so long, and I noticed not too many pod machine comments. I guess I'll be in the minority then.

Nespresso Vertuoline.

When it comes to pods/capsules, I think Nespresso is one of the best. Much better than Keurig, IMO.

I tried to buy a Nespresso machine for my parents, but they insist on drinking their instant coffee instead. Oh well. As long as they're happy.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Found Costco's Columbian Supremo in the grey bag with the leopard on it. Whole bean.
Grind up 50g. each morning in an inferior "buzz grinder" for a 9 cup drip maker. Very good.

ps We had a Bodum, $60 burr grinder (makes a uniform grind) and it broke within months. Bodum said they didn't repair them.
You don't know how much that perturbed me. "Just throw it away".

That's my house coffee as well. I also quite like the Guatemalan, blue bag with the green parrot(?). It's labeled as a medium-dark, compared to plan medium for the leopard. They often don't have the parrot in stock though.

I've had a Capresso burr grinder for many years, no problems. Speaking of Costco I believe I've seen a Cuisinart or similar brand burr grinder there for ~$25 or so.

jeff

My daughter had a Latte Stand and she spoiled me with good Coffee. The Costco's Columbian Supremo is pretty good stuff but this is what my daughter used and its great.

Back