What's a good cheap 0w-20 for a 1.5 Turbo Honda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
I will be changing to Magnatec 0w20 tomorrow in my CR-V. $17 delivered via Amazon for a 5 quart bottle..
How long did it take you to get it? It always says "Ships in 1-2 months"...

Originally Posted By: Jackphom
Hi all!

I just picked up a new car a few months back and I am approaching my first oil change. It's a lease so I still have enough respect for it to change oil but would like to keep the cost to a minimum and do it myself.

The car in question is a 17 Honda CRV with the not so new Honda 1.5T engine. it specs 0w-20, so whats a good replacement for it? I'll most likely use a non oem filter as well...any recommendations for that?

My previous car was an 08 XB that I used a Fram Ultra and whatever 5w 20 was on sale.

Thanks in advance!
Jack

My wife has the same engine. Here is what I will use: Amsoil OEZ 0W-20

If you are interested shoot me a PM, with Preferred Customer and case price, knocks off 25% or so off that price. Fully compliant with Honda recommendations and very good UOA'S posted over the last few years.

I think a lot of us missed the "lease" part of the OP's question. So, unless he plans to convert the lease to a purchase at the end of its term, the cheapest way to comply with Honda warranty requirements is all he needs.

Magnatec still seems like a good bet: a quality oil that just happens to be cheap.

Mobil1 AFE for LSPI caution (low calcium), or Magnatec if no issue has come up with this platform. At least until GF-6 is released to market.

Originally Posted By: bradtech
+1 for Magnatec or the QSUD with rebate.
Quaker's website doesn't have any promotion now. Where is the QSUD rebate?

if your following the OLM on 0/20 I'd be buying the oil and filter from the dealer and keep the receipts.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
For any Turbo, I would use nothing less than a Full Synthetic.

especially one that's Turbo AND direct injection!
What would that be? Pennzoil PU ? Synthesized but not a group IV or V?

Are the better Group III refined petroleum oils good enough for hard turbo use?

I am surprised at this point ILSAC doesnt have a "special" turbo spec other than trying to lump it into GF-5 - possibly at a higher cost to everyone.

HG offer full and semi 0/20, the latter around $3.50. If your operating often below freezing keep all your receipts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back