0W-20 or 5W-20 for 06 Sentra in NYC winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MoneyJohn
Thank you, everyone, for the comments.

I mention NYC because everyone can figure out quickly abt temps and stuff. I am actually 30 min north of NYC, Westchester county to be very specific.

For those with Mobil 1 AFE, my understanding is that its synthetic oil. Wouldn't leaking be an issue in future?
Comparing AFE and high mileage blend, which one would be best for the vehicle with 103,000 miles and oil history is uncertain?
Whichever oil I use, I plan to change it every 6 months or ~3000 miles whichever comes first.

I am changing/plan to change a lot of things that will fall under preventive maintenance. I am using OEM parts for almost everything. I already changed Air filter, spark plugs (NGK), transmission fluid and the coolant. I will get catalytic converter checked. I want to change PCV valve as well but I am getting conflicting info on its location. @marine65, Since you have the car same, may I PM you to get few exact vehicle specific details?

Thanks again folks.

Sure you can PM me.

Originally Posted By: marine65

Funny you should ask.
I have the kit here just waiting to drain the oil in a couple thousand miles to send it in.

I am really interested in seeing the results there. 7k-8k with a 5qt sump is normal, but the same distance for a 2.9qt sump almost doubles the load on the oil... Maybe even shears it quite a bit. Will keep my eyes open for that UOA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back