More road rage idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Question for all. Would you try to kill somebody if they kicked your car while it was parked someplace? If the answer is yes, then you're just as crazy as the guy that tried to kill the motorcyclist on the road.

Problem here is that people in cars get nuts with motorcyclists and think they can "get the upper hand" by using their car as a weapon. If the guy in the car had killed the motorcyclist, he would be charged with murder because someone kicking your car is no justification for murder.

If the guy in the car had gotten killed after he made the attempted murder move and crashed, then that one is on him. Should the guy on the motorcycle have kicked at the car ... no, but the move of the car trying to kill the motorcyclist went way overboard.

Why did he kick it at all? Why attempt vandalism? Particularly when the car has all the advantages?

Why get in a fight when the other guy has mass and protection?

No one captured the "cut off", which happens in traffic every day, so I don't see any justification for the kicking.

I am absolutely not supporting the driver in this conflict, but if the biker had just left the driver behind, there would be no crash.

Why did it make sense for, and why do you continue to support, the biker to take a traffic conflict into the physical?

Sure, if I saw you kicking my car in a parking lot, we would have words. But if you knew I was there, and ten times your size, while I don't have the right to kill you over property, you could only be called an idiot for vandalizing my car and inviting the conflict.

You are right, no one should kill over minor property damage. But, why damage the property in the first place?

Just leave. Ride on.

Start a fight that you will very likely lose, and you could be both perfectly right, and quite dead.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
So? You don't escalate a kick in a door to an attempted kill.

No. You don't. That's criminal.

But if you take on a car, and start a fight (by kicking the door) that you can only lose against an opponent that has a huge advantage (car/cage), you're an idiot. If you're grossly outmatched, leave. Just leave.

Kicking the car was pure lunacy, along with criminal.

Astro, this reminds me of Libyan MIGs challenging the F-14 in the MED. We all know the outcome of that...

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
You try to kill me with your car in the Interstate you are going down - that includes you pulling HARD brake checks on the highway.
I'm on the bikers side here. The guy tried to kamikaze the biker and lost control.
All His fault.
If you are in So.NH, don't mess with a Silver Rogue with Heritage plates.

Plenty of bad people around, a few less, No Hay Problema

But if I'm on a motorcycle, I can kick that Rogue all I want, right?

Both sides.

Anything after that will be all your fault.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
No way that's a hit and run. More like, a kick and run. The cyclist failed to hit anyone with their vehicle. Quick an amazing job of avoiding all that flying debris. Wouldn't be surprised if those 2 were road raging long before they were filmed on video.

Quit reading the walls in the latrine and read the vehicle code. IT WAS A HIT AND RUN BY LAW!

I watched a Harley biker lose control while trying to kick a pickup and barely save it from the tank slapper wobble. Apparently he was mad at the pickup because it didn't move right as he was splitting lanes on the double yellow line with oncoming traffic on a 2 way road. Probably the most blatantly dangerous driving I've ever seen.

It's entirely possible that whatever started this conflict was unintentional, a miscalculation by the driver trying to merge or change lanes, whatever. I've done it a few times and instantly felt really stupid and deserving of the honk and dirty look. Not sure a mistake deserves a kick in the door and honestly not sure what I'd do if someone kicked my car. At the least stay close enough long enough to get a license number. A near miss doesn't justify vandalizing the guilty vehicle and that doesn't justify trying to wreck the bike...but if a guy on a bike is willing to engage a car at close range like that he'd better be willing to deal with whatever reaction that causes. Both jackwagons.

Edit: The witness with the dash cam said the car was in the car pool lane and the bike was splitting lanes and the car started to pull right and probably didn't see the bike coming. Hope they find the biker, he's got some responsibility in this.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
I watched a Harley biker lose control while trying to kick a pickup and barely save it from the tank slapper wobble. Apparently he was mad at the pickup because it didn't move right as he was splitting lanes on the double yellow line with oncoming traffic on a 2 way road. Probably the most blatantly dangerous driving I've ever seen.

It's entirely possible that whatever started this conflict was unintentional, a miscalculation by the driver trying to merge or change lanes, whatever. I've done it a few times and instantly felt really stupid and deserving of the honk and dirty look. Not sure a mistake deserves a kick in the door and honestly not sure what I'd do if someone kicked my car. At the least stay close enough long enough to get a license number. A near miss doesn't justify vandalizing the guilty vehicle and that doesn't justify trying to wreck the bike...but if a guy on a bike is willing to engage a car at close range like that he'd better be willing to deal with whatever reaction that causes. Both jackwagons.

Edit: The witness with the dash cam said the car was in the car pool lane and the bike was splitting lanes and the car started to pull right and probably didn't see the bike coming. Hope they find the biker, he's got some responsibility in this.

California drivers are definitely a different breed. Before I retired and left that [censored] state, I traveled the Socal highways for over 150 miles a day, sometimes more. I made it a habit to move away from bikes that were splitting lanes to give them all the room they wanted while watching other drivers close the gap so they couldn't pass. I can't tell you how many times I saw two drivers in adjacent lanes hug the line to squeeze out the bikers, scary and stupid to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter lived up and down the coast for 8 years, I hated driving on the freeways when we went to visit. 5 lanes heavy traffic and bikes coming up the lines between the cars. First time one passed me it scared me silly, wasn't watching mirrors when there's no place for you or anyone else to change lanes and ZOOM..

Any motorcyclist that lane splits deserves to kill themselves,period. Nothing wrong with a little gene pool cleansing. LANES ARE THERE FOR A REASON. I ride a motorcycle and there's no way in [censored] I'd ever lane split.

Now on to the incident. If in fact the car accidentally cut off the motorcycle,and the motorcycle was "not" lane splitting,then the car driver just had his head up his [censored],BUT,that's no reason to assault the car driver. If the motorcycle was cut off because he was lane splitting,then it's his fault for making an unsafe lane change,which I've gotten a ticket for (failure to maintain a single lane/making an unsafe lane change).

What happened to me recently. This chick next to me on a two lane feeder road wasn't paying attention,didn't see me,and cut me off to turn into the freaking mall of all places,forcing me into the shoulder to avoid her hitting me. I thought to myself,"what a stupid [censored]" and went on about my way. Should I have instead pulled her over and beat the side of her car in with a baseball bat because she cut me off? Good God NO!.

Watching the video full screen,it looks to me when the scum bag on the motorcycle kicked the car,it startled the car causing him to swerve. The swerve of the car looked too sloppy to be intentional.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Any motorcyclist that lane splits deserves to kill themselves,period. Nothing wrong with a little gene pool cleansing. LANES ARE THERE FOR A REASON. I ride a motorcycle and there's no way in [censored] I'd ever lane split.

Lane-splitting or lane-sharing, is legal in California.

Watching the video full screen,it looks to me when the scum bag on the motorcycle kicked the car,it startled the car causing him to swerve. The swerve of the car looked too sloppy to be intentional.

Yes, he did kick the car.

I've read on other sources that the car cut off the bike, nearly causing him to crash, and then the back-and-forth between the car and Motorcyclist started. Which is what prompted the person videoing it to start doing so. So the video starts with the kick from the Motorcyclist, and then the car driver swerves violently to kill the Motorcyclist, but the car driver loses control and causes a multi-vehicle crash.

If the events transpired as reported, the car driver started the incident, the Motorcyclist angry at having nearly been caused to crash, escalated it by engaging the driver, and then the car driver literally went for the kill, and it backfired.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Lane-splitting or lane-sharing, is legal in California.

I try to go out of my way to move over for lane splitters. Even just moving over in my lane gives them more room.

Originally Posted By: funflyer
Originally Posted By: 69GTX
No way that's a hit and run. More like, a kick and run. The cyclist failed to hit anyone with their vehicle. Quick an amazing job of avoiding all that flying debris. Wouldn't be surprised if those 2 were road raging long before they were filmed on video.

Quit reading the walls in the latrine and read the vehicle code. IT WAS A HIT AND RUN BY LAW!

So someone walking by, kicking or keying your stationary car in a parking lot, and walking away, would be arrested for "hit and run." ????

hit and run

n. the crime of a driver of a vehicle who is involved in a collision with another vehicle, property or human being, who knowingly fails to stop to give his/her name, license number, and other information as required by statute to the injured party, a witness, or law enforcement officers.....

A boot, applied to a car door, that didn't lead to any collision is a vehicular hit and run? It certainly is vandalism though. Tossing a cigarette but at that car would have had a similar effect....none. The car's driver swerving back at said biker caused the crash, though the biker wasn't even involved in the actual carnage, missing everything thrown at them.

Apparently he was mad at the pickup because it didn't move right as he was splitting lanes on the double yellow line with oncoming traffic on a 2 way road. Probably the most blatantly dangerous driving I've ever seen.

Watch the video again ... it's not on a 2-way road. What you think is the "on-coming" lane is the commuter lane.

The witness with the dash cam said the car was in the car pool lane and the bike was splitting lanes and the car started to pull right and probably didn't see the bike coming.

Or he maybe he doesn't like bikers who split lanes and purposely messed with the guy on the bike. Even of the car accidentally cut the bike off, maybe the biker flipped him off which could have set him off into a massive road rage where he then started trying to use his car as a deadly weapon.

Recall the road rage incident a year or two ago where a woman chased down and purposely ran over a guy on a motorcycle because she was [censored] off at him in traffic. She's in jail for while over that one.

This all started way before the biker kicked the car per witnesses in cars following these two. The guy in the car was well aware of what was going on and where the biker was, and was playing road rage games at that point. You make is sound like the biker just rolled up on some unsuspecting guy and kicked his car which startled him and made him server instantly to the left - no way.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
I exited out of the video after having to sit through a 30 second ad.

The ad was easily avoided by fast forwarding.

The motorcyclist was an idiot. Hope they catch the person and it causes big time ramifications.

What also was scary was how easily that pickup flipped.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

The motorcyclist was an idiot. Hope they catch the person and it causes big time ramifications.

And what's the idiotic car driver been charged with? I'm sure his insurance company would love seeing that video.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Apparently he was mad at the pickup because it didn't move right as he was splitting lanes on the double yellow line with oncoming traffic on a 2 way road. Probably the most blatantly dangerous driving I've ever seen.

Watch the video again ... it's not on a 2-way road. What you think is the "on-coming" lane is the commuter lane.

Read my post again.. I watched a Harley biker lose control while trying to kick a pickup and barely save it from the tank slapper wobble. Apparently he was mad at the pickup because it didn't move right as he was splitting lanes on the double yellow line with oncoming traffic on a 2 way road. Probably the most blatantly dangerous driving I've ever seen.

I was referring to something I witnessed after said Harley rider blew past me.

I'm not defending the car driver in this but none of us have enough info to make a reasonable judgment. You've convicted the car driver it seems and the biker shares no blame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back