stuck/frozen bolts. is heat the key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MoultrieCreek
Also important to add: don't go hack up your wife's favorite Yankee candle with a screwdriver. It was hard to explain how important my exhaust repair was to an angry woman...

She's quite right. Screwdrivers should be reserved for driving screws and not abused as chisels, paint-lid levers etc.

Sounds like a keeper. Maybe she'll get you a pocket knife so you'll use a more appropriate tool next time. Birthday hint?

all I needed was a pencil torch and knock off wd40 to remove 50 year old ball joints
not living in a winter wonderland has its benefits

mfw
dzRmXDw.jpg

I have since upgraded to a propane torch and pb blaster but have yet to run into anything they cant handle

Originally Posted By: Donald

My Dad also had a carbon arc torch for his trusty Lincoln AC welder. He would place the carbon rods on each side of a nut or bolt head and make it part of the circuit.

Here's some South Africans who seem to be claiming it as an (new?) invention. Seriously doubt that's true. Certainly didn't happen this century and I'd bet it didn't happen in the second half of the last one either.

Stunningly inept photo-editing.

http://www.farmersweekly.co.za/agri-technology/useful-products/the-arc-without-gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back