Avoided Getting Hit Three Times Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Take it easy, put aside your misogyny and drive calmly.

I don't see what the big deal is with these situations - normal occurrences on the roads. Sounds like you are not used to the traffic "rules of chaos" of that particular area.
The term 'misogyny' is a sexist, politically loaded term used by the politically-correct crowd. Obviously you read politics into everything. You just can't help yourself, can you?

"I don't see what the big deal is..." this section borders on creepy, warped and weird. Further, you come off as out-of-touch, clueless and detached. However, I'm willing to bet you'd FREAK if it happened to you once...much less three times in a single day. Your type typically does. There really are no 'rights' nor 'boundaries' in your world, are there? It's all relative, eh?

You probably drive like the very people I mentioned....and can't understand what all the fuss is about.

lol.gif

ad hominem immediately... SMH

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
ad hominem immediately... SMH
That didn't take long...

That's it? That's the best you can do? LOL? Your type is so easy to spot. The words you chose are dripping with condescension, arrogance and agit-prop. The ONLY thing you bother to reply to you, in the entire post, you regard as 'sexist'.

Obviously a trigger-point for you and very revealing.

Check your political soapbox for integrity before commiting all your weight to it.

Gravitas. It's Not Just A Good Idea. It's The LAW!

I'd say that all three of these "drivers" are lucky that they didn't encounter someone like me driving an old E350.
Sorry about your totaled car, but I had the right of way.
People do drive stupidly and seem totally oblivious to other traffic.
I really don't plan to punish anyone by running my big old one ton van into them, but people do need to consider the consequences of oblivious driving. Not every other driver is going to look out for them and intersection accidents are often fatal.
If someone driving a big van or pickup happens to be going through on a green light, anyone running the red is likely to suffer serious or fatal injuries even if they're also driving a big van or pickup.

Not every other driver is going to look out for them and intersection accidents are often fatal

Yep, look before you leap. If you were a pedestrian you likely would so the same should apply when in your car. How often have you seen a car waiting at an intersection in the inside lane beside a larger vehicle with his view obstructed blindly darting forward when the light turns green? Stupid is what stupid does. That's why I'm an advocate of staggered solid lines at an intersection. Regardless, one should be conscious of not blocking the view of other drivers.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I thought I was wasting my life away one night watching about 2hrs of Bad American drivers on YouTube. However I left realizing I just need to be way more defensive and realize I don't own the road and no one is right. Some bad accidents which being right is still a no win situation.

Easier to avoid accidents and drive around others. Frustration and anger leads to bad decisions....

Yep, subconsciously you always have to drive defensively.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Unfortunately I have to go to a wedding in Austin later this year. I wonder how the traffic compares to Miami.
Remember, driving here is now considered a contact sport. Drive Defensively!

I'll found out soon, I actually have to go to Round Rock.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I'd say that all three of these "drivers" are lucky that they didn't encounter someone like me driving an old E350.
Sorry about your totaled car, but I had the right of way.
People do drive stupidly and seem totally oblivious to other traffic.
I really don't plan to punish anyone by running my big old one ton van into them, but people do need to consider the consequences of oblivious driving. Not every other driver is going to look out for them and intersection accidents are often fatal.
If someone driving a big van or pickup happens to be going through on a green light, anyone running the red is likely to suffer serious or fatal injuries even if they're also driving a big van or pickup.

Not only do people drive stupidly these days, but so many seem to think this is normal now...that's the worst part of it...

I rarely agree with you but I think you have a solid point here.
People do seem to think that incompetent driving is normal so they don't admit even to themselves that they should learn from a foolish error on the road.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Agreed. One day they'll get their ticket punched. There's always a new supply and you just can't fix stupid.

Geeze...people still drive through flooded low water crossings and try to beat a train.

Remember the Biloxi passenger bus driver who 'teeter-tottered' the bus full of passengers across a train/road intersection and got T-boned by an oncoming train:

636246014435815260-AP-APTOPIX-Bus-Train-Crash-Mississippi.jpg

APTOPIX-Train-Bus-Accident-6.jpg

wire-181289-1488939566-236_634x373.jpg

Train-Bus-Accident-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back